PDA

View Full Version : No boat transportation for Epcot resorts from now-3/10???

floridamom
02-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Just saw this on another site. Did I miss it on Intercot?

Friendship Boats to Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and resorts in that area will not be available 2/14/2011- 3/10/2011. Disney is providing bus transportation to Disney's Hollywood Studios from the resort bus stop.

We have an upcoming stay at BC during the beginning of March. I know Epcot is walkable from the resort, but easy (i.e., non-bus) access to DHS was also important to us. Given the unusually cool (for FL) temps lately that may also keep us from enjoying Stormalong Bay (we are wimps), I am thinking of switching to another hotel...

Am I being silly?

DizneyRox
02-14-2011, 02:33 PM
Most poeple can walk from any of the Epcot area resorts to MGM and/or Epcot faster than the boat.

I don't use the boat when I stay there, even if I have to go from MGM to Epcot, I will beat the boat, usually by a good measure.

floridamom
02-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Hmm, interesting. I have never tried walking to the Studios, just Epcot. Are the distances similar?

eam
02-14-2011, 02:47 PM
Do we know why they aren't running?

Lynn J Mc
02-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Say it ain't so!! We are staying at the Swan for the first time. How long is the walk to Epcot?

vicster
02-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Ditto DizneyRox - much faster to walk and it is a nice walk.

Stickey
02-14-2011, 04:02 PM
The walk to Epcot is short. The walk to DHS is approximately twice as long.

Maleficent's Dad
02-14-2011, 04:24 PM
I had read that the only resorts affected are the BC/YC as the lighthouse dock is being refurbished. I didn't think it applied to all EPCOT resorts.

wildernesslady
02-15-2011, 08:42 AM
I believe there is a path that cuts through the resort part of the Boardwalk that will take off some time also.

Mousemates
02-15-2011, 08:58 AM
we're not speed walkers...and it takes us about ten - fifteen minutes to walk from the YC to Epcot and about twenty to twenty five minutes long to walk to the studios-- if my memory serves me correctly.

BugeyedMuggy
02-15-2011, 12:10 PM
If it only affects the YC & BC they you can get the boat at the Dolphin dock or Boardwalk dock. Would be nice to know as my SIL is staying at the Boardwalk during that time. We always walk to Epcot & Studios but she has small children.

tmz814
02-19-2011, 09:33 AM
So does this only affect YC/BC or all epcot resorts??

I'm staying at the dolphin next weekend and love to ride the boats to the resorts.

WDWdriver
02-19-2011, 11:19 AM
So does this only affect YC/BC or all epcot resorts??

Only the Yacht and Beach Club are affected. The following is a quote from the Cast Member information site:

"In an ongoing effort to enhance our facilities for your future enjoyment, we will be conducting routine maintenance at the Yacht and Beach Club Transportation Dock starting Monday, February 28. While this work is being completed, FriendShip boat transportation to Epcot®, Disney’s Hollywood Studios® and neighboring resorts will not be available from this dock. We anticipate the dock to reopen in mid-March.
Bus transportation will be provided to Disney’s Hollywood Studios from the resort bus stop. Epcot, Disney’s BoardWalk Inn & Villas, and Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
Hotels are accessible by walking."

ransam
02-26-2011, 01:39 AM
you can walk it faster...but the boat is always a nice relaxing ride. i've always liked it.

tmz814
02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
Just wanted to give an update. The boats are still running to and from yacht n beach club as of right now. The boat captain I spoke to last night said they keep pushing the date back. The last date he heard of them closing the dock at ybc was this coming Tuesday, but he didnt think even the boat crews would find out about it being closed until he day of.