PDA

View Full Version : Laundry Rooms at Wilderness Lodge

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-14-2011, 12:15 PM
Where are the laundry rooms at Wilderness Lodge? I know at the values they are located by the pools and pool bars which was nice because I could throw my laundry in and sit by the pool while I waited.

Scar
02-14-2011, 12:29 PM
First floor near Roaring Fork. There is a door nearby which leads out to the pool, with the bar being on the other side of the pool.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-14-2011, 01:11 PM
Thanks

KylesMom
02-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Just an FYI - the WL laundry room is small for the resort size, and from my personal experience busy. I had to wait a few hours for one free washer and dryer to open up to wash some socks last trip . . . just kept checking back until one was open (which ended up being late at night). There's what - maybe 10 washers tops? This is one of my few complaints about WL.

BrerGnat
02-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Just an FYI - the WL laundry room is small for the resort size, and from my personal experience busy. I had to wait a few hours for one free washer and dryer to open up to wash some socks last trip . . . just kept checking back until one was open (which ended up being late at night). There's what - maybe 10 washers tops? This is one of my few complaints about WL.

Agree with this. Try doing laundry either: VERY early in the morning (prior to 7am), VERY late at night (after 11pm), or midmorning, when most people are at the parks.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-15-2011, 01:27 PM
Oh no, I kind of planned to have a free afternoon for laundry...

BrerGnat
02-15-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh no, I kind of planned to have a free afternoon for laundry...

You and everyone else. ;)

Seriously, afternoons are the worst time to do it. Lots of parents use the "afternoon pool/naptime" to do laundry. LOTS.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Are all the deluxes this bad or just WL?

BrerGnat
02-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Are all the deluxes this bad or just WL?

I think it's like that everywhere. However, WL does have an unusually small laundry room (and only one, unless there's another over at the villas???).

I had the same issue at Beach Club. Had to do laundry EARLY one morning, around 6am. Even then, there was only one free washer...there were already three other people in there doing laundry.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-15-2011, 03:53 PM
wow, never had an issue at the values...

KylesMom
02-15-2011, 11:59 PM
wow, never had an issue at the values... Yes, but you're talking about a totally different resort experience. With the value resorts, they planned for every buildingto have a laundry facility - since there are so many buildings you may be housed at. Please remember that WL is one resort - not a myriad of buildings. During your time of visit, the laundry room may not be as busy as the summertime since it's not quite so HOT all the time. Just speculation on my part since we've never visited in December, but we always go in the heat of the summertime when two or three changes of clothes come daily.

There may not be a laundry facility at every turn, but there's more magic than you can shake your head at at WL. I certainly wouldn't let an afternoon of planned laundry change your mind on staying at this resort! :mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
No it won't change my mind...its just we drive in and we have a Toyota Camry...not much space so we are limited to one suitecase per person and since its December we have jeans and althletic pants instead of shorts so there's not a lot of room.....so I have to do laundry at least once to have clean clothes throughout the trip and I am a super planner(as you can see as I am already planning out our December trip):D and thought I had it all worked out...one day in the middle of the trip for a half day at Epcot and then laundry in the afternoon before we go to Hoop De Doo that night....:laundry:

kemps@wdw
02-19-2011, 10:53 PM
I agree the WL laundry room is way too small for the size of the resort. 6 washers and 10 dryers (that don't dry very well). I personally have never had to wait over 10 min. for the units. I have, however, seen laundry left by someone, in a wet pile on the table, put there by someone else needing the machines. One of us is always in the room to watch and change over our clothes to the dryers. TVs in the room make it a little easier. A little lunch or an adult beverage, and my soap opera make the laundry experience a little more bearable.