PDA

View Full Version : Free dining or room pin?

momof3+twins
02-14-2011, 10:18 AM
Since free dining isn't released for fall yet (and I don't really know if they will release).....Do you think 35% off a value or free dining is the best way to go? We need two rooms with 5 kids and 2 adults.
Thanks guys!!

PopPhan
02-14-2011, 10:34 AM
I would think, in your case, the 'free dining' would be the better deal -- A room at a Value (during Fall Value Season) runs about $164 ($82 per room) per night...35% off would give you a saving of $57.40 ($28.70 per room) per night per room...'free dining' would be a saving of approx. $91 per night (based on 2 adult, 3 children, QS dining plan - as that would be the offer for Value resorts)...IF OFFERED, "Free QSDDP" would win out, based on your information.

The last offer I saw was for only 20% or 25% off a Value room......

nfrustaci
02-14-2011, 01:15 PM
we will be staying at the POP in Oct for 10 days.... we are hoping for the free dining.... we used it last year while stayin late nov into early dec. and we used it the year before that late sept into early oct. prior to that we never used it. we defiently saved more money that way and prior to 2 years ago we were just a family of 2. since our son will be 3 this year in august and he is no longer free for meals we are praying to get the free dining. we are also going to try the quick service one this year. we have always used the 1 sit down and 1 quick but found that doesnt work for us with the little one. i was surprised to see how many options we have with the quick service. anywho good luck i think it will be better to go for the dining if they offer it. u can always book the trip with no discounts and then when they offer any discounts you can call and change it.

johnO
02-14-2011, 07:43 PM
DW wife and I are debating this now. We're planning on staying at CSR but we like to eat at high end places...so it would probably save us to get the free dining..

princessgirls
02-15-2011, 09:27 AM
There was a free dining promo released for the Fall already. Packages needed to be booked by 12/20. I haven't seen any new packages.

Hopefully one becomes available for you.

Julie:mickey:

ransam
02-16-2011, 12:55 AM
if you use free dining right, it's always cheaper.