PDA

View Full Version : ?? re: HDDR and seating/tiers....

Dsnygirl
02-14-2011, 08:09 AM
So, we're going during free dining in August, our first time with both the craziness of the heat AND the craziness of free dining ADRs. ;)

We've never done the HDDR, and figure this trip is as good a time as any, as it's a great value this way.

That being said, we're trying to decide which seating to go to.

If we want Tier 1 seating, on the floor, we have to do the 9:30 show. Our girls are old enough to handle it - they'll be 10 and 13 - but it is a 2hr show and with transportation home from FW being what it can be, we know we won't be in bed 'til 1am.

If we want to go at 7:30, we have to be willing to have Tier 2 or 3 - wherever we end up in the pecking order as our ADRs get placed. Now, we have a fairly good chance of good Tier 2 seating, I think, as we arrive the first day of free dining, so we'll be amongst the first to be calling to place HDDR ressies 180 days out.

All that to ask - for those of you who have been, is it worth it to go to the latest show just for Tier 1 seating?? We're going to make sure they know it's my DD's 13th birthay, as I know they make a big deal out of it -- will it be that much better for her, etc., if we're on the floor?? How have people's experiences been with Tier 2 seating - would it be all that different, esp. if we got a good table location??

Thanks for any input -- my DH says we should just "go for it" and do the 9:30 show for the better seating... I'm just unsure if it'll just be too late at night to really enjoy a full dinner, etc. Any ideas/experiences, etc., would be appreciated!!

:thanks:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-14-2011, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't think it is worth it personally...we had tier 2 on the dining plan and we could see just fine...plus they went up to Tier 3 to talk to people with birthdays and anniversarys.....I understand there is really no bad view in the place....

BTM
02-14-2011, 09:51 AM
We used the Free Dining a couple of years ago and went there. We were seated in the balcony and had fine seats. Actually we could see the stage really well and had plenty of room to move around as there was no one beside us. It was our son's 4th birthday and one of the girls came up to our table to visit and annnounce it during that part of the show. The other good thing about being up there during the show was when our son got tired we were able to sneak out with out interrupting. I would not go there for the 9:30 show but thats just us. We still have a little one so thats kind of late for a show for him.

DizneyRox
02-14-2011, 11:09 AM
For me, I don't really know if there's a bad seat in the house. We've been front and center on the floor, off to the side on the floor, up in tha balcony, etc. Have always enjoyed the show...

We WILL NOT though ever do the 9:30 show again. For me (and I think I can speak for those that went with us), that's a little late to be eating that type of food and possibly in that quantity. We don't have to eat to excess, but it always happens. I'd rather have more time after that big of a meal to let the food digest a bit before I head off to Neverland. We usually head on over to MK for a walk after the meal and enjoy the nighttime show(s) if possible.

AmBo
02-14-2011, 12:11 PM
during out last time to HDDR, we booked late and only Tier2 was available for the 9:30 show. That being said, even Tier 2 was fantastic and so was the energy of the show! We're doing the 9:30 show Tier 1 in 3 weeks with a party of 8, 6 of whom have never seen it nor know what it's about. Very excited!

GothMickey
02-14-2011, 12:17 PM
There is absolutely no bad seat in the house. None. I always choose Tier 3. I prefer the balcony. I also always try to do the early show. I have done the late show a few times. If Tier 1 seats are that important, and your kids can handle it, then go for it. But, if you decide Tiers 2 or 3 are fine, then don't hesitate. You won't make a bad choice either way.

illinois belle
02-14-2011, 05:53 PM
I was under the impression that on the dining plan that only tier 2 or 3 counted? Anyone know for sure?

Dsnygirl
02-14-2011, 06:30 PM
I was under the impression that on the dining plan that only tier 2 or 3 counted? Anyone know for sure?

You can have Tier 1, but only for the 9:30 show. :mickey:

ElenitaB
02-14-2011, 07:31 PM
While Tier I seating is great IF you get a table that's front and center, you're not guaranteed that. Tier II might offer better viewing than being off to the side.

I'd opt for an earlier show, keeping in mind that in the summer it's better to hit the parks on the early side... which might not be so easy after a late, late bedtime.

Cinderelley
02-15-2011, 02:47 AM
There IS a bad seat in the house. We had it last year, and it was Tier 1 seating. I paid for it instead of using our free dining credits too, so that can't even be used as an excuse. I would opt for Tier 2 or 3 and make sure you go on the day of your daughter's bday if you want them to announce it. The last trip was the first time I have seen them only do birthdays on that specific day, but that is what they did. We were celebrating my friend's bday that week, and I had made sure it was listed on the adr. They wouldn't do anything for him though, because his bday wasn't on the day we went.