PDA

View Full Version : Test Track Issue

bob6572
02-13-2011, 10:14 AM
Just got back last night from a great week at WDW. Of course you write about the things that bother you.
Went on Test Track Friday night. It was a 60 minute wait so we got the FP. Did the due dilligence, waited till return time at 8:30. Still a 20 min wait. Saw families and groups of business men going in the single rider lane. Then, after the stampede from the "Bill McKim room" saw all the single riders together in front of us. Why make a single rider lane if it's not for single riders?? If you see a dad with 2 little girls, guess what?? They are together!! Just something that bothers you when you play by the rules and other don't.

Altair
02-13-2011, 10:36 AM
I always do the single rider route and it's always worked as advertised. You by-pass the pre-show room and end up in a line where they only take one at a time. In fact I consider TT to be the best at moving all lines along and not just moving Fast Passers. Peter Pan's Flight being the worst.:mickey:

bob6572
02-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Single rider now ends up BETWEEN FP and Standby. So you get herded into the video room with everyone else.

Altair
02-13-2011, 11:35 AM
That doesn't make any sense and defeats the purpose.:confused:

bob6572
02-13-2011, 12:58 PM
Agreed.

Melanie
02-13-2011, 01:15 PM
Single rider now ends up BETWEEN FP and Standby. So you get herded into the video room with everyone else.

That makes absolutely no sense.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this info?

sportsguy2315
02-13-2011, 02:46 PM
That makes absolutely no sense.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this info?

I can't speak for the previous poster, but I did all three lines when I went last month. Every time, without fail, I saw the film whereas the last time I went (Dec 07) and did Single Rider I swear I remember bypassing the movie.

amorillo
02-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Yes... i agree. that doesn't make any sense...when i was there on a solo trip this past Oct. the single rider line bypassed the movie...and you ended up in a different line. hmmm...wonder why they changed it??

WDWfanatic742
02-13-2011, 05:44 PM
It could simply be the differences in the Cast Members running the lines. I've seen it happen both ways at different times...

brownie
02-13-2011, 07:00 PM
Single rider is a separate line. Single riders were going in through the room closest to where the cast members were assign you to the briefing room (not sure of the room number) when we were there this past December. Fast pass and stand by use the other 2 rooms. When exiting the briefing rooms, the fast pass and standby go into line for loading and single rider go into another. Single riders fill in open spaces on cars. It's possible to have more than one person go into a car I suppose if there's not a group to fill it out from standby and fast pass. The standby line should not be mixing with the other lines coming out of the briefing rooms.

Melanie
02-13-2011, 09:52 PM
Single rider is a separate line. Single riders were going in through the room closest to where the cast members were assign you to the briefing room (not sure of the room number) when we were there this past December. Fast pass and stand by use the other 2 rooms. When exiting the briefing rooms, the fast pass and standby go into line for loading and single rider go into another. Single riders fill in open spaces on cars. It's possible to have more than one person go into a car I suppose if there's not a group to fill it out from standby and fast pass. The standby line should not be mixing with the other lines coming out of the briefing rooms.

Correct. This is how it's always worked in the past, even as recently as last Sunday when we rode it.

bob6572
02-13-2011, 09:54 PM
I was there Friday (2/11) night. I was in the FP lane and a father with 2 young daughters and 4 guys with matching shirts from a convention came along after us and where ahead of us after the briefing rooms all together.

LVT
02-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Where do GAC cards or VIPs enter?

Mousemates
02-14-2011, 08:24 AM
I was there Friday (2/11) night. I was in the FP lane and a father with 2 young daughters and 4 guys with matching shirts from a convention came along after us and where ahead of us after the briefing rooms all together.

that shouldn't happen

JPL
02-14-2011, 10:31 AM
I am going to take a shot in the dark here but there was GM Event in Orlando over the weekend called Main Street in Motion so these people were probably GM employees who were being boarded after exiting the Sponsor Lounge.