PDA

View Full Version : Warning For Dining Plan TS Credits & Credit Card Billing

magicman
02-11-2011, 03:25 PM
On our recent January visit, we were on the dining plan.

On our last night at WDW, we ate at O'Hanas & they redeemed our last 6 TS Credits.

Based on an INTERCOT tip, we closely checked our Visa credit card bill when it came in this week, and we had actually been charged for the meal. (They charged my room for the meal after we left WDW [which of course was charged then to my credit card on file.])

This was all fixed simply and graciously by a phone call, but it is still concerning.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the heads up

Gator
02-11-2011, 09:26 PM
This is one of the reasons I don't attach my credit card to my room key. I take lots of 5s and 1s for tips.

ransam
02-12-2011, 03:07 AM
mistakes happen.. Just this week i noticed my credit card was billed twice for a lunch and went to the resturant and they credited me it back. no hassle, i understand mistakes happen.

brivers222
02-14-2011, 09:30 AM
in order to charge back to your room do you have to have a credit card on file? or can you run up a tab and then pay it at checkout?

I am figuring in my tips i will need to pay while on the dining plan and I am just bringing envelopes with bills in it...

magicman
02-14-2011, 11:24 AM
in order to charge back to your room do you have to have a credit card on file? or can you run up a tab and then pay it at checkout?

I am figuring in my tips i will need to pay while on the dining plan and I am just bringing envelopes with bills in it...

My understanding is that there must be a credit card on file to charge to the room.

GothMickey
02-14-2011, 12:13 PM

You have to have a credit card on record. Always double check your bills. Mistakes happen. Glad you got it resolved.

CMAlumni
02-14-2011, 01:10 PM
You have to have a card on record, but you can say no charging priviledges on your room key. I always have a card on file, but never have charging priviledges on my room key.:)

Goofy4TheWorld
02-14-2011, 11:09 PM

You don't HAVE to have a credit card on file, but you have to have something. I know you can put Reward Card points as well as gift cards or CASH up as collateral to establish charging privileges. You may even be allowed to write a check to establish the account but I am a little iffy on that one.

Buy either way a credit card is not required to establish room charging but is probably the easiest way to do it.

brivers222
02-15-2011, 02:25 PM
thanks for the replies... i will take them into consideration :)

Disney4us2
02-15-2011, 02:54 PM
We were there in December. I did not have a credit card on file with the resort. It was not a requirement. I think it is more for the convenience of being able to charge to the room,

I don't plan on having a card on file for our spring break trip either. I just skip that area on the online check in.