PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace or Ohana for breakfast??

MILWDIANA
02-11-2011, 02:45 PM
We have been to the Crystal Palace for breakfast a number of times and love it. Thinking about trying Ohana's on this next trip. What do you think??

whitney37354
02-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Ohana was my favorite breakfast (foodwise) for the week we were there. It was also our best family photo.

Strmchsr
02-11-2011, 03:43 PM
It depends on your character choices. Other than the pineapple bread, I didn't find the food all that different between the two places. We love both. We would never miss Pooh & Friends as they are my kids' favorites, but we totally enjoyed Ohana's. I'd say if you don't have a strong connection to CP, give Ohana's a try. I think you'll really like it.

Disnamic Duo
02-11-2011, 03:47 PM
We've been to both - like 'Ohana; LOVE Crystal Palace. If you haven't done 'Ohana, I'd say give it a shot.

PETE FROM NYC
02-12-2011, 05:34 PM
We have done CP breakfasts many times with or without kids, and have always enjoyed the place. This is usually one of our must dos.
Never did Ohanas. Eating at a resort takes too much of my park time.

ransam
02-13-2011, 03:24 PM
go to crystal palace for breakfast and then O'hana for dinner.

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2011, 07:03 PM
I booked Ohana for breakfast twice... I enjoyed it... I am also a Stitch fan (don't flame!!!)... The breakfast is a standard family style breakfast... I also book Crystal Palace... I like Crystal Palace better, to be honest... I prefer the Pooh and Friends characters honestly... Ohana isn't bad though... In fact, I say it is very good, just not as good as Crystal Palace in my opinion...

Janmac
02-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Crystal Palace is a buffet, meaning you get up and go to the food. There are lots of choices but you know that already.

Ohanas has the food come to you, with several selections in a big skillet placed in the middle of your table. Typically eggs, potatoes, possibly sausage and some sort of waffle/pancake type of thing. You can get the skillet replenished. And there is the banana bread starter.

The restaurant is smaller and not quite as noisy as CP. If you decided the skillet thing is worth trying, highly recommend an early reservation. You'll have a much more leisurely meal.

I agree with another poster that supper at Ohanas might be more fun, altho noisy. Supper is not a character meal. There is entertainment (strolling ukulele player) and fun (coconut races and hula hooping for kids) and different food (looong skewers of meat, for one). If you are eating late enough, you can watch the castle change colors. We have seen this even when not seated near a window - the windows are large.

If you are wanting a different breakfast buffet (as opposed to a skillet), with different characters and are not determined to see Lilo and Stitch, you might try 1900 Park Fare at the Grand Floridian for breakfast. This is another buffet - where you go get your food. They have different characters - Mary Poppins, Madhatter, possibly Alice? It's been awhile since we ate breakfast here. It's on the list for the next trip.

1900 Park Fare is larger than Ohanas and can get as noisy as Crystal Palace. We ate one trip at 10:30 am at CP and it was a quiet enjoyable meal. With littler kids in our group we go early - 8 am - and relish all the commotion.

Enjoy.

Jan

JPL
02-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I would skip both of those and head to 1900 Park Fare. The food seems to be higher quality and they have a better selection than CP.

If you are going to eat at the Poly I would suggest Kona Cafe over Ohana of course there are no characters and it's not all you can eat but still a better choice IMHO

BelleKP
02-14-2011, 03:24 PM
I would skip both of those and head to 1900 Park Fare. The food seems to be higher quality and they have a better selection than CP.

If you are going to eat at the Poly I would suggest Kona Cafe over Ohana of course there are no characters and it's not all you can eat but still a better choice IMHO

:ditto:
We love going to CP early in the morning before park opening, and we enjoy the food and characters. Ohana is fun, and if you haven't done it for breakfast before then it's worth a try. But I agree with Jeff in that I would go to 1900 Park Fare first.