PDA

View Full Version : Couples Massage???

Scott C
02-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Anyone ever done one at WDW?? Can anyone provide any insight to what this entails?? What I find on the spa's websites seem pretty sketchy....

Just trying to justify the $300 or so

Thanks
Scott C

buzznwoodysmom
02-11-2011, 02:19 PM
My husband and I did the couple's massage back in November of 2009. I didn't think it was worth the price tag, but other's may think it well worth it. First of all you are each escourted to the men's/women's locker room/lounge. There you get robes and they had some juices, drinks, and fruit that were available. There was a little lounge area with magazines and seating, and you could also use the hot tub. The thing I didn't like about this was that DH and I couldn't enjoy a lounge or hot tub together. There was one in the woman's locker room for women, and another in the men's locker room for the men. The treatment room itself was what looked like two rooms with a curtain between them. We got to pick oils to be used during our massage. The room was pretty dark and there was soft music playing. It was nice, but I'm not much into massages so I felt it was a huge amount of money to spend, but DH really wanted us to do this so I went along with it.

Scott C
02-11-2011, 02:56 PM
where did you go???

Thanks
Scott C

SBETigg
02-11-2011, 06:15 PM
For more of an idea, you can check out this previous thread, where I describe my spa visit, which I thought was well worth the price.

GF SPA (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=174532)

Cinderelley
02-14-2011, 02:39 AM
I think it is overrated. Actually, I thought the spa at the GF was completely overrated. The only advantage to the couples' massage is that you are both in the same room. The atmosphere is such that you don't really talk to each other though, so there isn't really any point to being in the same room. I think there are much better things you could spend the money on. You could each get regular massages and still have plenty left over to do something else.

buzznwoodysmom
02-14-2011, 10:44 AM
where did you go???

Thanks
Scott C

Grand Floridian Spa.

buzznwoodysmom
02-14-2011, 10:46 AM
I think it is overrated. Actually, I thought the spa at the GF was completely overrated. The only advantage to the couples' massage is that you are both in the same room. The atmosphere is such that you don't really talk to each other though, so there isn't really any point to being in the same room. I think there are much better things you could spend the money on. You could each get regular massages and still have plenty left over to do something else.

This is exactly how we, well at least I felt. DH enjoyed it, but I thought we could have spent that money on something much more worth it. I'm glad I did it once since DH really wanted to, but I can say that I'm 100% certain we won't be doing it again, ever.

BrerGnat
02-14-2011, 11:01 AM
Skip the GF spa. Overrated for sure!

If you want to do a couple's massage, for the SAME $300, go to the Mandara Spa at the DOLPHIN hotel, for THIS couples massage:
-------------------------------------------------
Couples Retreat Ritual
This romantic retreat was designed for couples to share an experience in one of our luxurious grand suites. Embark on a private journey together while you both relax in your generous hydrotherapy tub, then enjoy a relaxing massage for two lying side by side. You may also enhance this experience with champagne and strawberries or lunch if you desire.* 80 minutes.

*Requires advance notice, additional fees will apply.

------------------------------------------------

This one allows you to have a private room with a hydrotherapy tub to share. Adding the champagne and strawberries is a nice touch! ;)

Plus, I think you can get a discount by mentioning Intercot (moderators, confirm this?)

Crow
02-21-2011, 09:50 PM
planning on going to Mandara for couples massage. hope its worth it.

Scott C
02-22-2011, 01:01 PM
planning on going to Mandara for couples massage. hope its worth it.

Let me know how it turns out

Thanks
Scott C

Cinderelley
02-24-2011, 04:15 AM
Mandara is much better imho.