PDA

View Full Version : Wild Africa Trek????

olivegirl
02-10-2011, 04:35 PM
I know this is new but has anyone done the Wild Africa trek in Animal Kingdom? As of now they are taking reservations until April. The Disney operator said that they have no info on if this will continue or not. We will be in Disney for 12 days in August and we would LOVE to do this!!! :thumbsup:

SJSJ4
02-10-2011, 05:06 PM
We just returned from our annual Disney family gathering a few weeks ago. My daughter gave this "tour" for her and her husband as a christmas gift. (Every year, they do a different tour) They both had the best time. In fact, after hearing what they experienced, most all, of the 15 us, are hoping to do it next year. They had very up front and close experiences with the animals, a lunch out on the savannah, and they tokk incredible pictures. The tour had a Disney photographer on the tour with them that took tons of pictures of them and the others in the group, as well as close ups of the animals. At the end, they were given a travel mug, and a coupon and code to go on line when they got home and make a cd of any tour pictures that the photographer took for FREE. They took pictures with their own cameras, but the photographers pictures and incredible. They had so much fun, and also want to do it again. The animals that are experienced are different for each tour and the time of the day. If you decide to - have a wonderful time. I turly hope they still have this tour next year for our next family gathering.

Luv4WDW
02-17-2011, 06:17 PM
I was just told by the GF concierge planning rep that they could book this for my trip in May.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-17-2011, 07:46 PM
I have a reservation for the end of March. Warning this is very pricy (sorry I forgot the actual cost) but we have heard only great reviews.

PlutoPlanet
03-05-2012, 12:28 PM
I called last night and the price with tax was around $200. There is no discount for the Disney Visa.

cuteduck223
03-05-2012, 02:26 PM
They're extremely popular, so I don't think they're ending. My husband did it and loved it. It is expensive, but it comes with a photopass at least it did...(not just the card, but actually a paid photopass credit) so that is part of the cost.

goofygirl67
03-05-2012, 07:35 PM
I did it last wednesday, it was awesome. The savannah was one of the best. I booked it the day before I went it cost $201. I was told I would receive the CD by mail, they did not give us a coupon or code to do it online. We got the water bottle, and a decent size snack also. Considering what we got in return, I think the price was reasonable.

antngoof89
03-06-2012, 03:47 AM
How far in advance do you have to book this tour? DGF and I are going in May and she is a HUGE animal lover. I know she'd absolutely die if we did this tour. Also, is it $200 a person?

LilHooligan74
03-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Need a little help with this one. DGF and I are torn between Wild Africa Trek and Discovery Cove. They both seem amazing. Wish we could do both....But alas we have to choose at this point.:confused:

Zawadi
03-08-2012, 05:52 AM
I know this is new but has anyone done the Wild Africa trek in Animal Kingdom? As of now they are taking reservations until April. The Disney operator said that they have no info on if this will continue or not. We will be in Disney for 12 days in August and we would LOVE to do this!!! :thumbsup:

I hope it does continue as we are looking forward to go on it in September

goofygirl67
03-10-2012, 04:10 PM
Got the CD Thursday. It had 212 pictures on it and they looked great. I am going to have to do this again sometime.

Pirate Granny
03-10-2012, 04:40 PM
It's $200 per person...CD was great, 200 pictures but 90 percent of animals, 8 percent of people...and maybe ten or twelve of the two of us.