PDA

View Full Version : Akershus - 1/28/11 - Review

magicman
02-10-2011, 01:59 PM
My family of 6 (2 adults & 4 kids ages 15, 14, 11, & 3) ate at Akershus in the Norway area of the EPCOT World Showcase on 1/28.

1) Our reservations were at 12:05pm, and we had ADRs (we were on the DDP).

2) We waited 12 minutes for our table.

3) The overall experience was OUTSTANDING.:thumbsup:

4) The character interaction was the best that we have ever had. We interacted with 5 princesses. Initially, we got our pictures made with Belle (in her yellow gown) which was a tad bit rushed, but Belle took the time to really focus on my 3 year old little girl which was so special to us. (As part of the dining plan, we received 2 pictures of the kids with Belle.) Also, roaming the restaurant were: Jasmine, Cinderella, Ariel, & Mulan. The time they spent with my little girl answering her questions was priceless. It was like they jumped out of the movie to speak and interact with my little girl and my family. Also of note, our waiter was very gracious & friendly.

5) The food set-up at Akershus is unique. You get to go to a "cold food bar" for an appetizer. All of us enjoyed the smoked salmon and cold salads very much with the exception of one of our pickier eaters. You also order from a menu. The menu items can be very Norwegiany; however, we settled on the mushroom stuffed pasta or the open faced grilled chicken sandwich and we loved every single bite of both entrees.

6) For dessert they brought as a sampler platter that included: rice pudding, a pastry, and mousse. All were superb tasting; however, we did have a bit of texture issues with the rice pudding.

7) We will definitely do Akershus again. I would classify this restaurant as a "must do" if you have a little girl in the family or if you desire an outstanding princess character interaction.:princess:

*Fun Note: The princesses do a great job of 'living the part'. My 3 year old asked Mulan if Mushu lived here with her. Mulan answered, "Yes, as a matter in fact, he lights the fireworks every night here at EPCOT.":fworks:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Great Review

AntMagsMom
02-10-2011, 02:48 PM
Love the Mulan story! Too cute. I am thinking we will do this one this September. Not sure if we'll do lunch or breakfast. Great review!

forever a child
02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
Great review. We would have loved to see Mulan and Jasmin during our visit. The atmosphere was great here too.:mickey:

darthmacho
02-10-2011, 03:57 PM
Great review. I've had the lunch there years ago, before there were characters, and it was delicious.
We had the Princess breakfast last August, and I was also amazed at how "in character" the princesses were, and how funny the things they said were, and how sugary sweet their voices were! :mickey:

Darbylew
02-10-2011, 04:30 PM
Sounds great. We have never eaten there but
I have always heard it is good. Glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for the report.:mickey:

TheVBs
02-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Thank you for the review! We want to try this on our next trip. We've never met Mulan!