PDA

View Full Version : What special Disney item is always with you?

BandMan
02-10-2011, 01:53 PM
I wear a Mickey watch that I got in WDW 6 years ago. DW and kids got it for me on main street. For me, it is the perfect watch. I wanted a traditional dial with Mickey's hands as the watch hands. And I wanted a date, which it has. It also has the perfect band for me - a combination gold and silver tone with a fold-over clasp.

Getting it sized was the worst cast member experience I've ever had, but that (as they say) is a different story...

Anyway, I wear it everyday no matter how I'm dressed. My students (I'm a teacher) often comment on it, though that's likely because I often say things such as "Well, Mickey says it's time to pack up your stuff." Even adults notice it.

So I was wondering. Anyone else have a special Disney item they have with them all - or nearly all - the time?

TinkerbellT421
02-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I wear a Mickey watch that I got in WDW 6 years ago. DW and kids got it for me on main street. For me, it is the perfect watch. I wanted a traditional dial with Mickey's hands as the watch hands. And I wanted a date, which it has. It also has the perfect band for me - a combination gold and silver tone with a fold-over clasp.

Getting it sized was the worst cast member experience I've ever had, but that (as they say) is a different story...

Anyway, I wear it everyday no matter how I'm dressed. My students (I'm a teacher) often comment on it, though that's likely because I often say things such as "Well, Mickey says it's time to pack up your stuff." Even adults notice it.

So I was wondering. Anyone else have a special Disney item they have with them all - or nearly all - the time?

There is a watch I would love to by DBF sounds like the same exact watch almost!! :cloud9:

But anyways, yes, I have both rings DBF bought for me at wyland, both rings are dolphins, I wear them everyday. If I forget to put them or ran out of the house in a hurry I always end up playing with the spots on my fingers where the rings are supposed to be, its like I feel naked without them :blush:

And I start a disney necklace a couple years ago, that I wear almost everyday. Its a little tacky with suits or dresses so sometimes I dont wear it then, but everyday at work I wear it no matter what :)

magicman
02-10-2011, 02:03 PM
I carry my Mickey key ring with me.

Also, I drink coffee from either my Mickey or Eeyore cup.:mickey:

sassafras
02-10-2011, 02:08 PM
My silver medallion key ring I purchased at POR during my first trip, the year of WDW's 25th anniversary celebration. It's a 25th commemorative one with the characters on it. Hard to believe it's hung in there for 14 years!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2011, 02:31 PM
Key chains

LorrieP
02-10-2011, 02:43 PM
My Tinkerbell watch and my initial key ring!

Disney4us2
02-10-2011, 03:11 PM
Lately, it is my Disney D&B Sketch purse. I love it.

Drachengeist
02-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Whenever I go someplace special including my trips to Disney I find one pin that seems to carry the flavor of the trip. Rather than on a lanyard or hat I put the pins on my Backpack /Laptop carrier. I secure the backs with a dab of super glue so they dont come off easily but in case of busted zipper or something necessitating getting a new one they can be popped off with a flat screw driver. Since I take the laptop with me to work every day, and the backpack sans laptop on every trip I can see a vignette of my adventures just by glancing at the front of it.
My disney favorites are from first times. Sorcerer Mickey at MGM, a Chernabog pin for Spectro Magic (They both also stand in for Fantasmic), and of course a glider for Soaring.

darthmacho
02-10-2011, 03:46 PM
I used to carry about a dozen keychains from WDW and other places that we've visited while vacationing, however, slowly but surely they have all broken. Now all I have left is a lobster shaped bottle opener.

What I do have are the four key cards, one from each of my four WDW visits, in my wallet, the oldest of which I've carried for nearly 13 years! :mickey:

johnO
02-10-2011, 04:14 PM
I used to wear a "Sourcerer Mickey" carabiner key chain on my dutybelt. Im sure it looked out of place. Pistol, magazine pouches, taser, handcuffs, Mickey Mouse Keychain.....:D

Darbylew
02-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I have a Mickey Mouse on my key chain and he
is with me all the time. I also have a antenna
topper that I change with seasons. Love that
MICKEY!!!
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK IN
31 DAYS!!!! :D

Tigerinvestigator
02-10-2011, 07:49 PM
I used to wear a "Sourcerer Mickey" carabiner key chain on my dutybelt. Im sure it looked out of place. Pistol, magazine pouches, taser, handcuffs, Mickey Mouse Keychain.....:D

Man in Tennessee we would get beat up for wearing Mickey on our duty belts! :cool:

SandmanGStefani24
02-10-2011, 10:09 PM
well, I have had my Key to the World in my wallet since I checked into the resort. I have only replaced it with the new one the next trip.

I also often use my resort refill mug at work as well.

There's no room on my tactical belt for keychains, though. lol, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Tigerinvestigator
02-10-2011, 10:32 PM
There's no room on my tactical belt for keychains, though. lol, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Man I KNOW you get beat up in Texas for wearing Mickey on your duty belt! I worked on the Arkansas/Texas border for awhile. Besides, Texans are just transplanted Tennesseans!

I do leave my keys to the world in my wallet. Last trip I had so many I had to check the dates everytime to keep from getting confused.:thumbsup:

Fastpasssteve
02-10-2011, 11:54 PM
well, I have had my Key to the World in my wallet since I checked into the resort. I have only replaced it with the new one the next trip.

Myself, as well. It stays in my wallet until my next stay at WDW!

BugeyedMuggy
02-11-2011, 09:40 AM
My wedding band was purchased in Disney. It is a gold band with mickey heads. Never take it off.

Faver
02-11-2011, 09:52 AM
For me, it's not just 1 item, it's Mickey, but in several items, there is not a place that I go, that there is not a "Mickey Influence", as I call it...:blush: Our bedroom, bathroom, my car, work, my wallet/handbag, kitchen.... I must be surrounded at all times!! :mickey2:

I may have a slight probem :thumbsup:

mickey_M_lvr
02-11-2011, 10:47 AM
My wedding band was purchased in Disney. It is a gold band with mickey heads. Never take it off

OMG!! Where did you find that?!?! I want one too. :blush:

I wear a silver necklace that was purchased in EPCOT @ Germany. It has a crystal Mickey head. Love it! Goes with everything.

Also I have to give props to the gentleman that wears a Mickey keychain on his duty belt. That is sooo cool. :mickey:

PopPhan
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I have a Magic Kingdom/Mickey throw in my vehicle and a Mickey keyring attached to my vehicle remote...and, of course, my Disney Visa card is always in my wallet!! :D

Tygger7
02-11-2011, 11:31 AM
My D&B purse never leaves my side....I also have 2 Tigger watches that I wear every day. My favorite Tigger watch I got last May, so my older watch has been sitting on the sidelines since then. :mickey:

bdm@pga
02-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Band Director Mickey Tattoo on my left shoulder! Always there!:thumbsup:

Mitzie
02-11-2011, 01:17 PM
I have a pewter polar bear key chain I bought at the Norway pavilion in Epcot...it has to be about 18 years old...

bdm@pga
02-11-2011, 01:29 PM
My wedding band was purchased in Disney. It is a gold band with mickey heads. Never take it off.

I had the same one...lost it though and can't find a replacement....any suggestions?

johnO
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Man in Tennessee we would get beat up for wearing Mickey on our duty belts! :cool:

In South Carolina, you get beat up for being from Tennesee. lol (j/k)

It was the blue Sorcerer Mickey Hat outline and people couldnt tell what it was! lol

MPoppins
02-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Most recent Key to the World, Mickey Wittnauer watch, Mickey ring, Mickey lapel pin, one of my Mickey Dooney bags, Mickey beads on Pandora bracelet, Mickey iPhone cover, Mickey iPad cover, Mickey iPad case... And this is the tip of the iceberg! Love all things Disney!:mickey:

ransam
02-12-2011, 02:58 AM
my last hotel Key, and of course my memories and desire go get back never leave me.

Mousemates
02-12-2011, 10:21 AM
my last hotel Key

:ditto:

Pete Olsen
02-12-2011, 10:56 AM
My wife's cellphone ringtone is "When You Wish Upon A Star." It always with her.

princessjojo
02-12-2011, 11:13 AM
My last hotel key, and my yellow VIP hotel keys. I also have my charms for my Pandora bracelet (Castle, Minnie Head, and Carriage). I used to wear a mickey badge reel at work, but rules change and now I can't wear it any longer...

forever a child
02-12-2011, 11:19 AM
I have two AK coffee mugs with leopards lounging on them that reads "I don't do mornings." I bought them in 2005 and the have since been replaced with another style mug that I don't care as much for. I LOVE them and use them every morning.

On our last trip I got myself and D&B wristlet that I have been carrying around and love. It is small and just holds my cash and cards but I still am using it. My DD laughed at me saying that most women carry much larger purses, to which I replied "extendable charm." She cracked up laughing and only you Harry Potter fans will understand that one. ;)

kemps@wdw
02-12-2011, 11:59 PM
I bought a MM watch for $15 back in 1984 @ a pawn shop I use to work in. The metal band is 2-tone yellow and white gold and the face is white with Mickey in his classic red shorts. I love this watch and have worn it every day since I bought it, regardless if for work, casual, or dress. Other then the occasional battery replacement, it has worked perfectly fine all these years. And has made every trip to WDW since 1984.

johnO
02-13-2011, 01:56 AM
My text ring tone is the Disney cruise line chime from the inside the staterooms when there is an announcement..

In my dreams
02-13-2011, 09:31 AM
The usual:
A WDW key chain-get a new one every trip

My WDW coffee mug tha goes with me every week while I grocery shop

An antenna topper- I totally rely on that to find my car LOL!!

A WDW pillow that's on my bed every single day

Cinderelley
02-14-2011, 05:28 AM
:rotfl:

Disney Doll
02-14-2011, 11:22 PM
Last year DH bought me a D&B Disney purse for my 30th birthday. I also have a mickey head key chain that I've had for a few years. I almost lost it last year when I left my keys in the room, but the nice folks at Disney mailed my keys home.

McLiberal8
02-14-2011, 11:31 PM
Original Disney World logo, tattooed on my wrist - never leave home without it! ;)

Diznee4Me
02-16-2011, 11:38 AM
2000 was my DW, DD and my first trip together as a family. I bought a "Celebrate the World hand in hand" keychain which I still use. On the back is the icon for each park with the water tower representing MGM/DHS.

In 2004 the DW bought me a new wedding band (mine shrunk :D) for our eleventh anniversary with Mickey heads surrounding the band. I have since lost weight and now wear my original wedding band again and wear the Mickey band on my right hand.

artyboy
02-16-2011, 02:43 PM
My stainless steel and silver Mickey head earring...I never take it off except if I'm performing in a show!

mickeyfan2001
02-18-2011, 10:13 PM
My Mickey Mouse tattoo on my left leg....Always with me :mickey2:

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-19-2011, 09:49 PM
My engagement ring is from Disney, with the Mouse on it of course :mickey: I also have a Mickey keychain, and a Mickey necklace. Geesh, I'd wear my ears to work if they'd let me!

disneymom2000
02-19-2011, 09:53 PM
My Disney credit card. I would be lost without it. It has a picture of the castle on it and it certainly is a conversation starter. Anything to start a conversation about Disney.

In my dreams
02-20-2011, 03:23 PM
I posted earlier but had to add:

this morning I had on my red Mickey Mouse pj's, after I dressed, I put on my red fleece-lined Mickey jacket, filled my Mickey mug with coffee, grabbed my keys with the Mickey key chain, got into my Exporer with the TestTrack Mickey antenna topper and listened to my CD of the music from the Electrical Parade. ( on my way to the grocery store) I wroteout a check with REMY from Ratatoille in the background!!( if they took credit cards I could have used my Disney Visa) And here I am on a WDW forum!!
What's next..............:)

johnO
02-20-2011, 06:45 PM
I posted earlier but had to add:

this morning I had on my red Mickey Mouse pj's, after I dressed, I put on my red fleece-lined Mickey jacket, filled my Mickey mug with coffee, grabbed my keys with the Mickey key chain, got into my Exporer with the TestTrack Mickey antenna topper and listened to my CD of the music from the Electrical Parade. ( on my way to the grocery store) I wroteout a check with REMY from Ratatoille in the background!!( if they took credit cards I could have used my Disney Visa) And here I am on a WDW forum!!
What's next..............:)

Yep. Sounds like most of us. I also failed to mention some things too... Disney Rewards Visa, Mickey Head Antenna Topper, DCL front license plate.....

Septbride2002
02-22-2011, 01:19 PM
My Annual Passes and DVC card are always in my wallet - I just like the idea of knowing that at any time I could fly down in the morning spend the day and fly back. ;)

~Amanda

MarkC
02-22-2011, 01:54 PM
Disney visa
DVC card
Mickey watch
My heart and future vaction plans

iluvdumbo
02-22-2011, 02:24 PM
I wear my Mickey head birthstone necklace almost every day along with having my iPod touch with me all the time that has a Minnie Mouse hard cover. It has Minnie Mouse on the back and Disney written on it on the front.

My room is also full of Disney memorabilia, but mostly Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell. I collect Disney Beanie Babies, so they are all over my room on shelves. I also have my pins in a shadow box near my desk.

finaldynasty
03-09-2011, 03:26 PM

I have a Disney watch as well that I wear just about everyday. I love it because it has symbols of all four parks at the noon, 3, 6, and 9 positions.

EJS-Houston
03-09-2011, 05:23 PM
My 30s-era Mickey keychain: my house keys are on it.

whitney37354
03-11-2011, 02:17 PM
DH downloaded all of our WDW trip pictures onto my iPhone, so I can look at our pictures anytime I want.:mickey:

KylesMom
03-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Let's see - where to start . . .

* My Mickey Mouse House Key
* Lorus Musical Mickey Watch
* Daily Disney Earrings
* Disney Visa
* Phone Background with our Latest Disney Picture

Disney-4-Me
03-11-2011, 05:52 PM
I have a hidden Disney item that only I can see every day. It is a Mission Space cling that I have hidden on the top of my windshield on the tinted section. Most people who ride with me don't even know it is there.

When I sold my old car and bought a new one, the cling had to come with me. It inspires daydreams when I'm making a boring drive to work!

IloveDisney71
03-12-2011, 08:36 PM
My cellphone is full of Disney ringtones and has Cinderella & her castle as my wallpaper, I have a keychain, and I always drive everywhere with my Disney car tag on the front of my car. :mickey:

Tink1
03-12-2011, 11:14 PM
In my wallet, I have my Polynesian resort card from my honeymoon in 1984. I am amazed it is still in one legible piece since it is paper.

Nanc

Dsnygirl
03-13-2011, 11:46 AM
I have a Mickey ring from Uptown Jewelers I never take off, as well as a Mickey toe ring that stays on permanently, too. :cloud9: (Well, I have to admit... I'm a nurse, and I have to "scrub" for cesarean sections once in awhile, and my rings (but not my toe ring! :D) have to come off for that... but that's about it!! ;))

frakers
03-16-2011, 09:59 AM
Each trip we wear our engraved nametags. We got our first back in 1997 on our honeymoon. They are the red "Guest of Honor" ones with Mickey that actually have your hometown engraved in them, We got them at the cart on main street.
Those went away and then became the red tags with just names engraved on them. Those went away for a while and came back with a variety of colors and characters that could be engraved with names.
Then they just plain went away.

I wear my original with hometown when we are there although the wife won't wear hers for fear of it breaking and being gone forever. It is now a collector's item.
Why they quit doing them is beyond me. Luckily before our second child was born we got 2, one for a girl and one for a boy, each with their respective names.

MNNHFLTX
03-16-2011, 10:07 AM
It's small and inexpensive, but I always have one of those little foam Mickey-head keychains. Every time I pull out my car keys, it is a pleasant reminder of happy times at WDW. Right now I have leopard spotted one that I got from Animal Kingdom in February. :mickey:

joonyer
03-16-2011, 11:35 AM
My wife has a really nice Mickey watch that we got at DTD that she wears almost every day, and we have a Disney keyring, and let's see an antenna topper on our car. And Intercot, too, of course. It goes with us everywhere, work, home and even vacations to other places.

Dragongirlx
03-16-2011, 12:17 PM
I always have my disney cuties tigger keyring and my Mickey watch with the changeable strap so I can coordinate it with all my outfits. Tommorrow will be the Saint Patrick's Day Strap

fabfundisney
03-18-2011, 09:33 PM
I dont know about ALWAYS with me but my kids bathroom is everything MICKEY. I must have my constant reminder of the mouse....I've recently moved out of my house of 8 yrs and my DH knew the drill....paint the kids bathroom mickey shoe yellow so I can put up all the accessories! Im always looking for items to add to the bathroom collection. :mickey:

plutosnana
03-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Try to remember mickey ears, my dad has a really old hat from WDW so awesome!

:goofy:

lettripp
03-18-2011, 10:35 PM

This is so funny because my students take a while to notice I wear a Mickey watch (also my, every day item). They LOVE it once they realize there are Mickey heads in the band!

CanadaLovesDisney
03-19-2011, 06:23 PM
When I fill out certain forms at work I ALWAYS use one of my disney character pens. My favourite is the jack skellington pen. I know how many I have and keep them locked in my desk drawer. I bring work friends each a pen when I return from the world so they will stay away from mine!

Cinderelley
03-19-2011, 07:21 PM
While I was in the hospital, one of my docs made me a tinkerbell blanket. It has gone everywhere with me from walking the hospital halls to my doctors appointments now that I am home. :tink:

MrPeetrie
03-19-2011, 11:28 PM
I have a very special Mickey watch I always have with me.

For my 40th birthday, my wife bought for me a beautiful Mickey watch. It was gold, with a black leather strap. Mickey stood left of center in the face as though he was casually leaning against something. It appeared much more expensive than it really is.

After only two months, it stopped working. I took it for repair and was told it couldn't be fixed. I was so upset. My wife said, call Disney and see if it can be replaced. (I can't remember if it was a Disney Store purchase, or Disney World purchase.)

I spoke with a cast member. She had me describe the watch to her. She said she was pretty sure she knew the watch I was talking about, but it was out of production and there were no more available. But she took my phone number and said she'd call some warehouses because sometimes inventories don't match what's on her screen. Two hours later, she said she found one (in a mid-western state) and she'd ship it to me. Then -- trusting me -- told me if it was the correct watch, to ship the damaged one back to them. It arrived one week later and it was the correct one. I believe it is the last one of its kind. I shipped the damaged one back. That's Disney Customer Service. Others can take a lesson from them.

:thumbsup:

MrPeetrie
03-19-2011, 11:30 PM
I have one more.

I have the first pen I purchased at Walt Disney World with me in my checkbook. Each time it runs out of ink, I purchase a refill cartridge. (I don't write that many checks. It's only been changed twice in 13 years.)

spoiledraf
03-20-2011, 10:42 PM
my Disney card of course, the screen on my phone is a character picture of "the gang" (MM, MM, DD, GOOFY.....) a magnet of same on the back of my truck and a mickey ears topper on my antenna.:mickey:

TikiLounger
03-21-2011, 11:45 AM
I've got three...

My Mickey watch, my antenna topper (one for every occasion!), and a Walt Disney World Resorts pen from my last trip!

1000th_Ghost
03-21-2011, 12:15 PM
I have a Eeyore charm purchased at The Polynesian on my Pandora Bracelet.

twinboyz
03-24-2011, 02:25 PM
My Disney watch that I bought at the Contemporary Resort and my Mickey Ears Keychain. Can't forget about my DVC Membership card.:blush:

CosmicRay
03-24-2011, 03:59 PM
My kids bought me a birthstone Mickey necklace with earrings to match five years ago. I wear the necklace all the time and the earrings most of the time.
I have my Dooney & Burke Disney purse

And I bought perfume from France in Epcot the last time I was there and I wear it all the time now.

Kaps
03-25-2011, 10:09 AM
I carry the room key from the first visit with my own kids. About 11 years old now