PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Belle Boat Ride

lovinmesomedisney
02-10-2011, 10:09 AM
I had never been on the Liberty Belle in all my trips to DW. Each time we go now, we say we are going to do something different. This trip, the boat was getting ready to load, so we jumped on. It was a very enjoyable ride. I think some of the reasons I never rode before was, it always looked packed, looked hot, and people were all standing. I look forward to the rides for a rest for my feet! Since it was cool out and at the end of January, these things didn't seem a problem. We walked right on, got a seat, and were on our way. I got some GREAT pictures that you can't get unless you are on the boat. It was actually a very pleasant surprise. I don't think I would like it in the heat, but on this gorgeous January day, it was wonderful.

DonaldsBFF
02-10-2011, 11:08 AM
thanks for the info, have always wanted to ride but never have. Will have to make a priority on the next trip

faline
02-10-2011, 12:21 PM
I always enjoy my cruise!

TinkerbellT421
02-10-2011, 12:34 PM
It really is a neat ride! Glad you liked it!! I took a really cool artsy picture with DBF in the water. I know the water is gross and mucky and all, but we had a perfect shadow of the both of us standing together on the edge of the boat reflecting off the water (even though its a greenish-gray color water) lol but it was really cool. There are some awesome artsy pictures you can take of the boat and around the boat and all :mickey: Might have to make a point to do it again next year. Its been a year or two since we last rode it.

DNS
02-10-2011, 12:36 PM
After many, many trips, we rode it for the first time just 2 years ago. It is not something I would go out of my way to ride, or force into a busy schedule, but had some extra time and I agree, it was very enjoyable.:thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2011, 12:47 PM
Hmmm...that's something I've never done as well..what kind of pics did you get?

BandMan
02-10-2011, 01:42 PM
We really enjoy the Liberty Belle. You can get great shots of Splash Mountain and BTMRR, some interesting shots of HM from the side, as well as some neat panoramics of Frontierland as a whole.

joonyer
02-10-2011, 04:11 PM
We always enjoy a nice relaxing ride on the Liberty Belle. I don't know if I'd want to ride if it was standing room only though. I don't know what its passenger limit is though.

Darbylew
02-10-2011, 04:14 PM
We enjoy the ride but we don't do it everytime
we are there. One time we went on it during
the Halloween party and it was great. They had
some great Halloween stories. :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
02-10-2011, 04:24 PM
We haven't been on the Liberty Belle in a number of years, maybe it's time to try it again!

Tigerinvestigator
02-10-2011, 04:52 PM
Yep there are some really cool little special effects on the trip that alot of people don't realize. The burning cabin, the pirates cave with a party going on inside, the Native American village, cabin on the water, and all sorts of animatronic wildlife. Makes for a good break from the parks.:thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-12-2011, 10:10 PM
I had wanted to go on it the last two trips, because I haven't been on it in years. We just could not time it right. Maybe this trip I'll get on it. It is nice and relaxing and a nice change of pace.

ransam
02-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Do they still have a show for Princess and Frog on the Liberty Belle.

finaldynasty
02-13-2011, 08:58 PM
I've never been on it either. I hate to admit this, but where do you get on? My other question is how often do they shove off and how long is the trip? My DS and I went to TSI for the first time for both of us, and had a blast. He had a chance to run around and really enjoyed the toy guns that point towards BTMRR...

I think I have never gotten on the Liberty Belle, because I oftne over look it to get to another attraction.

PirateLover
02-13-2011, 09:34 PM
I have to admit, I have also never been on it. Our last three trips we have planned to hit it up but something always happens causing us to miss the launch time we were looking at and we never get around to it.

TheRustyScupper
02-14-2011, 03:57 AM
1) The next time, climb up the stairs to the 3rd floor.
2) You can enter the Wheelhouse with the "captain".
. . . you can blow the steam whistle
. . . spin the steering wheel *
. . . get a "co-pilot" certificate for being the skipper

* The boat is steered by a track under the water, so there is no "steering". Thus, you are allowed to spin the wheel. There are designated locations to blow the whistle, and you are permitted to do that, also.

Mousemates
02-14-2011, 08:27 AM
1) The next time, climb up the stairs to the 3rd floor.
2) You can enter the Wheelhouse with the "captain".
. . . you can blow the steam whistle
. . . spin the steering wheel *
. . . get a "co-pilot" certificate for being the skipper

great stuff!

lovinmesomedisney
02-14-2011, 04:04 PM
Do they still have a show for Princess and Frog on the Liberty Belle.

There was no show the end of January.

beksy
02-15-2011, 03:01 PM
We rode it for the first time in many years in October. Both of my travel companions were getting cranky (should I mention that one is in her 20's and one in her 50's but they have their 1-2 year old moments? :secret:) so I decided to take a break on the boat. It was awesome! Last time I rode it I thought it had to be the most boring ride in the world (seen through the eyes of a teenager who wanted nothing more than to head to Splash, BTMRR, or PoC) and had not taken the time to ride it since. Now I love taking photos and this gave me some great opportunities while the grumps in the group took a rest! My only problem was not having enough time to take pics of all I wanted too so it is now on my must-do list next trip.

PopeCharming
02-15-2011, 06:23 PM
I didn't go on the riverboat until my 7th trip, in 2008. And I am wholly glad that I did. It is a deliberate change of pace, especially riding during the off-season, where there is plenty of space and plenty of room. I appreciate the narration, featuring a young Samuel Clemens...an interesting parallel to The American Adventure featuring an aged Mark Twain, no?

Luv4WDW
02-21-2011, 07:36 AM
I also want to know where you get on and how long it lasts. This is something I've never done in my 9 trips there, but maybe it's something we'll have to check out this time! If for nothing else, to get some cool pictures.

lovinmesomedisney
02-21-2011, 10:11 AM
You get on in Liberty Square. The ride lasts approximately 20 minutes or so.

beksy
02-21-2011, 11:35 AM
I also want to know where you get on and how long it lasts. This is something I've never done in my 9 trips there, but maybe it's something we'll have to check out this time! If for nothing else, to get some cool pictures.

You get on in Liberty Square, just go along the water area and you should see it. It is a longer ride, probably 20 minutes. You will definitely get some cool pics, especially of TSI, BTMRR, and a different view of HM.

QTPie68
02-22-2011, 12:40 AM
I have never been on this ride in the many times I have been at WDW. I guess because I went on the one at DLR so many years ago, that I just thought that it was the same.

I am going to have to check it out next time it is not too hot out and we are looking for a relaxing time.

RavsRuleDisney!
02-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Remember doing it waaaay back in the 70's with the family and i think the dw and i rode it on our first trip back in '99. may have to
"go for it" if we get a chance next trip - sounds like some unique photo-op chances....