PDA

View Full Version : What is the Grand Floridian themed?

plutosnana
02-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Does anyone know what the Grand Floridian is suppose to be themed? I need some good facts on the Grand Floridian, I'm trying to persuade a few people :)

:goofy:

SBETigg
02-10-2011, 09:33 AM
Victorian seaside resort is the theme, which presents a relaxed elegance. Also, architecturally similar to California's famous Victorian beachfront Hotel del Coronado in San Diego. If you look it up, you will see the similarities. Marilyn Monroe stayed at Hotel del Coronado while filming Some Like It Hot.

greengeen
02-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Disney's website has a whole page describing the theme and amenities of the GF, with glorious pictures. In fact all of the resorts have their own "site" under disneyworld.com. I'm always surprised that many people on Intercot don't seem to use Disney's own website!

faline
02-10-2011, 12:17 PM
You can also find information here. (http://www.intercot.com/resorts/disney/grandfloridian/default.asp)

cer
02-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Disney's website has a whole page describing the theme and amenities of the GF, with glorious pictures. In fact all of the resorts have their own "site" under disneyworld.com. I'm always surprised that many people on Intercot don't seem to use Disney's own website!

There are times when Disney's website can be painfully slow and even (believe it or not) inaccurate as well as challenging to navigate, so I never fault anyone for coming to Intercot for a quick answer or confirmation. We are all pretty good folks here and enjoy helping when we can. :mickey:

Mousemates
02-10-2011, 02:06 PM
The theme is victorian luxury. It also has a completely different feel than any other disney resort. Its not my favorite MK resort for a WDW vacation..infact, generally speaking I actually like each of the other three (WL, CR, and the Poly) more...but for a money-is-no-object splurge...or for a romantic get-away for two...it can be a great choice.

johnO
02-10-2011, 04:23 PM
The GF's theme is "expensive"....:D

mom2morgan
02-10-2011, 09:00 PM
LOL - When I read this question to my 12 year old daughter (we've visited, but never stayed) she said "The theme is really rich people" I'm not knocking it - love the elegance - but a little to rich for my blood :-)

Niecyboo
02-10-2011, 10:46 PM
I know the exterior is based on Hotel Del Coronado, but parts of the interior are based on the Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island in Michigan.