PDA

View Full Version : So sad...

TinyDancer
02-09-2011, 09:35 AM
Well as many of you know, my sisters and my dad and I had a trip planned for September. (Thanks to everyone who answered questions for me!!!) As it turns out we're not going because of my dad's new stupid girlfriend who's completely taken over his life. I'll spare you the gory details but at this point neither my sisters nor I are talking to him because of things he's done as a result of this horrid woman pulling his strings.

But I still really want to go to Disney and am very sad I'm not going! I love planning trips and now I've got no trip to plan, haha. It has been almost 2 years since I've been and I was just far away enough from this trip to really get into the nitty gritty of planning.

I just wanted to commiserate with everyone here, I know you can feel my pain! I'll just keep planning a pretend trip, haha, and try to find someone to go with me!

disneymom15
02-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Sorry you had to cancel. Is it possible for you and your sisters to go without your dad. Not sure what you financial situtations is. How old are your sisters? When were you planning to go? If it's value season, you can get a nice discount at a value resort and share the expense.

WishingStar2006
02-09-2011, 10:32 AM
That's exactly what I was going to say..can't you and your sister(s) still go? You can't let other people steal your bliss. If there is any way you can swing it you should still try to go!!! Good luck!

BellesRose
02-09-2011, 05:34 PM
I was also going to suggest you just go anyways, but then realized that either your dad was supposed to pay or you girls are young. Do you have any other relatives that would be willing to go if you are able to save enough money to pay for it?

And if not...just start saving! By the time you and your sisters are old enough or can afford it (or both) you'll have enough money to go for a nice, long vacation :thumbsup:

PlutoToo
02-09-2011, 08:02 PM
I'm sorry to hear you won't get to go. I know it must be so disappointing for you. Maybe you'll get to go with your sisters before too long.

LudwigVonDrake
02-13-2011, 11:47 AM
Go without him and have a great time! :mickey:

forever a child
02-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Keep your plans! A lot could change with you and your father before September! Maybe your differences with the GF could be resolved and he would still go with you both.

If not...like everyone else has said...Go without him!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
That's too bad. Hopefully he'll realize what he's doing to you and your sisters and wake up.