PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Dessert Show

big blue and hairy
02-09-2011, 08:12 AM
I heared about a "sprucing up" of the Wishes Fireworks Dessert show. Does anyone know anything about this? Has it happened yet? If so, any pictures? :)

:sulley:

Strmchsr
02-09-2011, 10:16 AM
When I was there last week it was the same as when we saw it in May. The only difference was seeing the new Memories castle show before Wishes started.

ransam
02-09-2011, 01:54 PM
i've heard a bit about it, but no details. is it worth the money?

Strmchsr
02-09-2011, 02:44 PM
i've heard a bit about it, but no details. is it worth the money?

It's worth the money IF you're a big fan of a lot of desserts and IF you don't like to stand around to find a place to watch the fireworks. I would never do it on a night where we had been using the DDP. I'm way too stuffed to even think about more food whenever we've used the dining plan. This past trip, though, we did things differently, so the night we went to the dessert party I actually enjoyed the food and the fireworks.

magicman
02-09-2011, 05:04 PM
I noticed the folks getting desserts in the terrace area during the Wishes fireworks on our recent trip, and I must say that I was jealous.

I'm not sure of the cost, but it was a prime position for viewing fireworks & seeing Tink fly.

Strmchsr
02-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure of the cost, but it was a prime position for viewing fireworks & seeing Tink fly.

The cost depends on the time of the year. It's about $20-25/person. And, yes, Tink flies right over your heads so it is a great vantage point.

Pan
02-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Really wanted to do this, because, well, we all love desserts! Tried to get ADR's for this when I started planning our Spring Break trip, but weren't any available. Read through this thread tonight, decided to try again, and got them for our first night! :woohoo:

DNS
02-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Is this something you can reserve up to 6 months? Is it selling out fast? I would like to do this also.

Pan
02-10-2011, 09:27 PM
I started looking in late December-early January for reservations for the week of April 16-22. Never found anything available until last night. It seems like a good fit for my family, as we all enjoy desserts and this gives us a good view of Wishes. Plus, we have ressie's for an early (4 p.m.) dinner that day in the Castle, so a dessert buffet that day seems ideal, as we won't be so full by 9 p.m. I don't know how early you can make a reservation, but I'm guessing it's the same as all other ADR's. Also, seems to be a pretty popular event, judging by what I've seen online.