PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier - 2 credits?

WDW&MK
02-09-2011, 06:54 AM
I know that Le Cellier is changing to signature dining, but I had thought it was supposed to be 1 credit for lunch and 2 for dinner - what happened with this? :confused: I just saw the other Le Cellier thread and so I went to the WDW site dining and it does say "signature dining" for both lunch and dinner. Did I miss something? :( I was planning on making a lunch ADR for our trip this year, but I don't want to use to credits.
Thanks!
Kari

Strmchsr
02-09-2011, 07:50 AM
I spoke to the chef at Le Cellier about this last week (I was trying to get him to tell me about the new signature menu). It's still scheduled to be 1 at lunch and 2 at supper. Must be a mistake on the website. I would suggest you call WDW Dining and point that out to them. They should be able to confirm for you.

WDW&MK
02-09-2011, 07:44 PM
Yes, I think you are right. Thank you!!
I went back and the text says that as of 3/1 dinner is changing to signature dining. It does not say lunch - just the key on the side of the page says signature next to lunch. I will try calling WDW dining.
Thank you!
Kari

spoiled
02-13-2011, 09:58 AM
Yes I have read this many places. It does not suprise me that they make you do two credits. It is a very elegant and expensive resturant. It is a good place to eat also. So like I said before it doesn't suprise me they do this. :)

Trev&Ev Mom
02-13-2011, 11:43 AM
Le Cellier was a must do for us each trip to WDW-at 1 TS credit. It was a fantastic, delicious dinner that never disappointed. But for 2 TS credits? I'm not sure how they could change the menu to make it worth 2 TS credits. We've gone to Yachtsman (2TS) and always felt as if it was not as good as Le Cellier...maybe that's the reason or is it its popularity? You can hardly ever get a ADR there unless you call exactly 180 days in advance and even then its tough!!

Jared
02-13-2011, 11:49 AM
I spoke to the chef at Le Cellier about this last week (I was trying to get him to tell me about the new signature menu). It's still scheduled to be 1 at lunch and 2 at supper. Must be a mistake on the website. I would suggest you call WDW Dining and point that out to them. They should be able to confirm for you.
So your original plan didn't work out too well, did it? Those cunning chefs are too smart for the devious ways of Disney fanatics.

DizneyFreak2002
02-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Ate at Le Cellier once.. While good, I won't go back with it being a signature restaurant...

HoosierDisneyFan
02-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Love Le Cellier! We have elected to go there for lunch for our upcoming Spring Break trip. This way it only cost me 1 TS and I can use a CS credit for my evening meal. Also seemed to be easier to get ADRs. PS do not order the bumbleberry pie for dessert. Looks great but tastes....:ack:

TheRustyScupper
02-14-2011, 03:33 AM
. . . It was a fantastic, delicious dinner that never disappointed . . . We've gone to Yachtsman (2TS) and always felt as if it was not as good as Le Cellier . . .

1) I am a little confused.
2) You did Yachtsman at 2TS and thought worse than Le Cellier.
3) Then, why not do Le Cellier at 2TS?

Trev&Ev Mom
02-14-2011, 01:40 PM
1) I am a little confused.
2) You did Yachtsman at 2TS and thought worse than Le Cellier.
3) Then, why not do Le Cellier at 2TS?

I felt Yachtsman was not as good as Le Cellier...At a Signature restaurant steak house, I expected a Peter Luger or Ruth Chris experience...I left disappointed. If the new menu at Le Cellier was similar to a Peter Luger, than I would be the first on line at 2TS...hopefully it will be...sorry for the confusion.