PDA

View Full Version : Cast Members: Do You Lose The Magic???

Just-Keep-Swimming
02-08-2011, 03:21 PM
im planning on doing the Disney College Program, which means I get to work as a CM!!! :mickey:

to anyone who has ever worked as a CM, do you find you dont enjoy Disney as much once you've spent months or even years working there?

Do memories of complaining guests or other issues prevent you from returning for your own vacations?:(

Im really looking forward to the CP and maybe even being an Imagineer someday!!!:cloud9: But I hope it will always be my favorite place for a vacation too.

Kim Possible
02-08-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm currently a CP and the magic hasn't been ruined too much for me, it's such a fun place to work

BellesRose
02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
I spoke to a waitress who had been with Disney for about 20 years, and had spent 11 years at Liberty Tree Tavern. She mentioned that some days are better than others, but in general, if you gotta work, there's no better place than Disney.

Figaro
02-08-2011, 05:23 PM
I worked for Disney for 2 years. I never lost the magic. As said, it has its days where you work the long days and sometimes some guests can get to you a little, but otherwise, it's a great place to work. I chose to work in resorts so I wouldn't be exposed to the tunnels and everything at MK, etc, so I wouldn't lose the magic just in case. I miss it tons tho! I've been trying to get back in and get a job with them again. Disney is all what you make of it. It can be a great job, or the poorest workplace you've ever had. It all depends on your attitude! :mickey:

Goofeygal
02-08-2011, 06:55 PM
My son is currently there on the CP program and just loves it. He goes into the parks when ever he can. Disney magic never dies.

joanna71985
02-10-2011, 08:43 PM
I've done the CP, and have been a CM since 2005. I haven't lost any of the magic...in fact, I think it's gotten stronger. I love my "job"!

natedog24
02-11-2011, 10:40 PM
I was a CP a couple years ago, and have to agree, the magic got stronger! Seeing what goes on beyond the scenes and how Disney operates made me appreciate things more.

Sure, some days will happen where a guest is really rude to you, but 99% of the people you interact with will be great. It's funny, but for some reason it's the "bad guests" that you remember more. And sure, there will be times where you worked until 11PM at night, and have to be back at work at 7AM the next morning and WDW probably isn't your favorite place that day... But trust me -
You'll have the time of your life! The College Program was a great experience.

DizneyRox
02-12-2011, 08:30 AM
I don't think it ruins the magic, however, I find that the changes for the worst infuriate me even more. You know what's possible and the way it used to be.

Being backstage is an eye opener, but I think gives you an idea of the magnitude of the operation. It's tough walking away, but when you have to make a living, it's not are hard as you think it might be.

forever a child
02-12-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks everyone for giving my DD some insight into this. We both love visiting WDW and as she looks at colleges for the near future...being close to WDW to be able to participate in the CP program is an important factor for both of us. Hearing how others feel who love Disney and continue to love it after it as not only a vacation spot but an employer is important.

I have to let her make her own decisions about this...but having input for others will definitely help her make the right one. So thanks again! :mickey: