PDA

View Full Version : Episode 9 - The Disney Dream Preview Cruise

John
02-01-2011, 09:49 PM
Now available for download - hot off the press!

February 1, 2011

INTERCOT Insider PodCast - Episode 9: Special Edition - The Disney Dream Preview Cruise

Just last week Ian and John were guests on the Disney Dream Preview Cruise... and boy do they have a lot to talk about. Listen in as they bring you the highlights - rooms, dining, excursions, shows, nightlife and more in this special extended edition of the INTERCOT Insider Live!

http://www.intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-9.asp

Ian
02-02-2011, 07:57 AM
This one was a lot of fun to do. I mean, they're all fun, but this one was special. John and I had a lot to say about our experiences on the Dream, so grab the popcorn! :mickey:

cajunprincess
02-02-2011, 05:17 PM
i was on this Magical Preview Cruise. It was AWESOME!!!!

GrumpyFan
02-03-2011, 11:43 AM
I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm curious to know how you guys got an invite?

John
02-03-2011, 11:52 AM
I haven't listened to it yet, but I'm curious to know how you guys got an invite?

Because of this site, we have a relationship with Disney PR.

cajunprincess
02-03-2011, 03:03 PM

I went to the "Earmarked" conference onboard this beauty!

GrumpyFan
02-03-2011, 03:19 PM
Because of this site, we have a relationship with Disney PR. Nice! Just trying to figure out a way I can get on the next one.

John
02-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Nice! Just trying to figure out a way I can get on the next one.

Took us 10 years or more before we started to get invited to anything and we still get left off the list sometimes :cool:

Always greatful when the big D allows us to share our experiences and information with you via these sorts of things. That first hand reporting is infinately more valuable than just reading about things.

Our nearly 2 hour podcast is a testament to that. We had a LOT to talk about!

PirateLover
02-05-2011, 06:31 PM
Having trouble accessing this one! I'm subsribed to the podcast but the latest episode didn't automatically download. Then, when I got it, it wouldn't play. It also won't play when I follow the link the the stream. Any ideas? Everything else is working fine in iTunes.

John
02-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Having trouble accessing this one! I'm subsribed to the podcast but the latest episode didn't automatically download. Then, when I got it, it wouldn't play. It also won't play when I follow the link the the stream. Any ideas? Everything else is working fine in iTunes.

Podbean - who hosts our podcast is having issues right now. Try back again tomorrow.

PirateLover
02-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Podbean - who hosts our podcast is having issues right now. Try back again tomorrow.

Thanks for the response! Looking forward to it...

John
02-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Looks like it's working again. I went into itunes, hit the refresh button and episode 9 started downloading.

PirateLover
02-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Finally got to listen! Those mirrored bathrooms sound creepy....
Great job guys! Glad you got to go and report back to us about all the awesome things you did!!!:mickey:

Ian
02-08-2011, 07:46 AM
Those mirrored bathrooms sound creepy....I'm not sure I'd say creepy, but they were definitely odd. I kept thinking of Hotel California ... "Mirrors on the ceiling, pink champagne on ice."

Given that Pink is right around the corner from there, it seemed appropriate!

John
02-08-2011, 11:59 AM
The Cast: Melanie Bounds, Ian Mitchell, Carol Robert, John Yaglenski

Photo Gallery from the Dream trip online (462 Pictures):
http://www.intercot.com/news/disneydream (http://www.intercot.com/news/disneydream)

The Disney Dream
- Ian and John get an earlier boarding group and head directly for food and drinks.
- Cabins were nicely appointed & we love the seperated bathrooms.
- Ian and John snore apart… Deck 5 vs. 8? Really big verandah! Party Time!
- Dining onboard - meal at Palo was excellent as was the food everywhere - very good - both Ian and John were pleasantly surprised.
- Animator’s Palate is a giant Turtle Talk in the round - very cool! Meal there was the best of the rotating restaurants.
- Living Artwork on board - pictures come to life. Neat touch.
- Secret/Magic Porthole Rooms - we’re so ready to stay in one. Even liked the layouts better. High def screens are an effective illusion.
- Skyline night club - Huge monitors made to look like windows on the world. The menus there also glowed - very easy to read in low light.
- Mel wanted to know about the tween areas - Edge
- The Aquaduck - John and Ian decided for seperate floats. All in all, not too scary despite being "see-thru". John had issues getting out.
- Fireworks show onboard - only ship to be doing it right now.
- We LOVE Castaway Cay. Couldn’t be nicer.
- Take one for the team - Senses Spa Cabana Massages & Shave/Facial/Chair Massage. Ian snores. Right around $100 - very reasonable.
- Villains show was funny, entertaining and very Broadway. Hades was a riot.
- The Greycliff Tour - Cigar Rolling and Rum Tasting - A two person tour. The wine cellar was amazing. 260,000 bottles of wine - the third largest in the world. One rack was worth over a MILLION DOLLARS alone.
- Had dinner at Senior Frogs - nice spot with a neat view of the harbor.
- The challenges of getting home. Ian got stuck in Orlando.
- Other night clubs - Pink, 687 SportsBar, Skyline, Evolution
- The crazy transporter bathroom near Evolution. The ceiling is a mirror. It’s a cruise ship bathroom time machine!
- Every day, there’s a cocktail of the day on special.
- Tons of characters and character accessibility.
- The coffee was good! Very important to the Insider Live Staff
- Soft Drinks were free on board via the soda fountains on deck. This saves you a bunch of money vs. a soda card.
- We like how gratuities are handled via ticket stubs and envelopes.
- Ian saw the value in the Disney Cruise Line and was looking to book once he got home for 2012.
- John doesn’t mind cruising in January - 70 is better than 13.
- INTERCOT Best of Disney Dream… Ian says Castaway Cay. John liked his huge verandah and the dinner at Palo.

The Magic, Memories and You.
- Mel was pleasantly suprised - not at all what she thought it would be. Runs between parade and Wishes. Colors are incredible.
- Use Photopass - maybe you’ll get on he castle.
- Ian loves the commercials as part of the ad campaign.
- INTERCOT’s Best Of Disney Memories. John recalls sitting on Main Street USA alone watching the Electrical Parade. Carol remembers her first trip to Disney and her son was chosen to pull the sword from the stone. John also mentioned the "Son’s of Liberty." Ian has two - the Contemporary game room and Eticket nite & no one in Liberty Square. Mel gets some alone time with Aladdin.
- Thanks to everyone for sticking with us and thanks to Jason and the Disney Cruise Line Public Relations department for inviting us to be onboard.

Sponsor Links:
The Official Ticket Center (http://www.officialticketcenter.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi?product=tickets&refer=TC21LBC)
Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com)

More... (http://intercot.com/interactive/insiderlive/2011/episode-9.asp)

caryrae
02-08-2011, 01:13 PM
Just after listening to maybe a third of the podcast you guys make me want to try out the Dream for our 1st cruise someday. From the sounds of it, it is an awesome ship. Even the inside staterooms sound very neat with the porthole monitor and the Skyline club sounds very cool.

John
02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
It was a great time - you definately will not be dissapointed!

caryrae
02-08-2011, 01:25 PM
I was just looking to see what a DC would cost and saw this from the Disney website:

Main Seating, 5PM Show
Main Seating, 9PM Show
Second Seating, 5PM Show
Second Seating, 7PM Show

What is the difference between like the 5pm main and Second seating?

John
02-08-2011, 01:29 PM
It has to do with dining seatings and show times - so that you coordinate based on when you eat, which show you go to.

caryrae
02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
I just thought it was weird to have a main and second seating both at 5pm.

John
02-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah, that is odd.

BrerGnat
02-08-2011, 01:41 PM
I just thought it was weird to have a main and second seating both at 5pm.

The 5pm time refers to the SHOWTIME, not the mealtime. I believe "Main Seating" dinner is at 6pm. "Second Seating" dinner starts at 8:30pm.

So, there are three showtimes nightly. Diners can choose which show they want to go to in addition to which dining time. It used to be two showtimes, and you'd automatically get assigned the showtime that coordinated with your dining time.

KylesMom
02-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Episode 9 was incredibly entertaining. Nice job, guys.

I love it when one episode lasts my entire drive to and from work. Could you keep making them longer? :D

John
02-17-2011, 02:32 PM
LOL - actually we were hoping to keep things closer to an hour from here on out... :)