PDA

View Full Version : Rope drop at MK

Mitzie
02-08-2011, 09:29 AM
We are headed down to that Magical Place in April. Staying at the Poly. We were wanting to hit rope drop at MK...we think we know what this is but have never seen it...can someone describe it? If there are morning EMH I assume that whatever goes on with rope drop happens at that earlier hour..yes/no? DH and I stumbled on this at AK once...small parade had everyone gathered at the base of the tree of life at the front of the park...was that rope drop at AK...? Also what time should we get there...are there long lines or something we need to factor in?

lovinmesomedisney
02-08-2011, 09:33 AM
The opening of the MK has everyone standing outside of the park. The train arrives with Mickey, Minnie, and several other characters. There is a little welcome ceremony and then the park opens. I don't know about the MK, but we did park opening for EMH at the Studios, and they basically skipped the opening show on that day. Well at least at 8 a.m. they did, I don't know what was going on back at the gate at 9 since I was on Toy Story Mania!!! :mickey:

Mousemates
02-08-2011, 09:33 AM
At MK its more of an opening ceremony than a true rope drop....everyone gathers in front of the train station (outside the park entrance) and waits for Mickey and Friends to arrive and open the park. Lots of music, dancing, characters... we try to do the MK opening at least once every trip. If you want to get in first, gather near one of the entry tunnels....if you want to watch the festivities the center area offers better viewing.

ransam
02-08-2011, 01:15 PM
is it me? or do certain parts of the park open earlier than others? i remember last time we were there. we went to the opening cermony, and then breakfast. as we got out, there was a huge crowd by Frontierland, and there were two cast members holidng a rope, then they dropped it you could now go into frontierland.

illini
02-08-2011, 04:11 PM
is it me? or do certain parts of the park open earlier than others? i remember last time we were there. we went to the opening cermony, and then breakfast. as we got out, there was a huge crowd by Frontierland, and there were two cast members holidng a rope, then they dropped it you could now go into frontierland.

Sounds like it was an EMH morning. Other than EMH, the park opens at the same time.

johnO
02-08-2011, 04:27 PM
We caught the rope drop for the first time last year. Its worth seeing once.

Mitzie
02-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Well it sounds like we would like to see this. It is EMH the morning we are going...EMH 8:00, reg. park opening is at 9:00. If there is any type of ceremony what time will it most likely be?

02-08-2011, 07:52 PM
7:50. Turnstiles will generally be open for entry to the waiting area about 7:15 to 7:20 (8:15 to 8:20 for a 9:00 opening) and then guests will wait for the opening show between the turnstiles and the train station.