PDA

View Full Version : Going To Bust...Surprise Trip!!!

Trev&Ev Mom
02-07-2011, 06:18 PM
We are leaving to take our kids to WDW on March 3rd and our kids don't know! We will send them to school in the morning and then take them out early to go to the airport. They have NO IDEA! I am ready to bust every time I see a Disney commerical on TV. I cannot imagine how excited they are going to be. :cloud9:

Has anyone ever done this??

DisneyorBust
02-07-2011, 06:56 PM
No, never have done that but I wanted to say "What a great surprise!" for your children.
Let us know how they reacted to the surprise!

Momto3littlemice
02-07-2011, 07:01 PM
Have never done it... but make sure you take a video of their reaction. SO SO FUN!!!!:mickey:

deedeebee
02-07-2011, 07:22 PM
WOW:thumbsup: We have tried this, we were not successful:D We will be there at the same time, it's a girls only trip:cloud9: No way could I keep it from two teen girls, they have so much packing to do! Can't wait:trio: Have fun.

faline
02-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Great surprise! How exciting!

Basket Mommy
02-07-2011, 11:03 PM
I feel the same way! We're taking our kids on May 1st. They think they're spending the week with my parents because my husband and I are taking an anniversary trip. I can't wait to see the looks on their faces when they find out they're really headed to Disney World. They think we're having to wait until the fall. This is the first time we've ever surprised them. I've tried before but couldn't keep my mouth shut. The Disney commercial where the parents surprise the kids at Christmas inspired me to want to keep it a secret this time!

Dsnygirl
02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
How very fun!! We did it once, but didn't wait until the last minute b/c they had school things going on they needed to know they were going to miss beforehand. But it was only about 6 weeks prior that we told them, and we made them do a treasure hunt to figure it out. It was SO fun -- I hope you guys have a GREAT time surprising them, and then going!! :thumbsup:

Trev&Ev Mom
02-08-2011, 10:06 AM
WOW:thumbsup: We have tried this, we were not successful:D We will be there at the same time, it's a girls only trip:cloud9: No way could I keep it from two teen girls, they have so much packing to do! Can't wait:trio: Have fun.

My boys are 10 and 6, so packing for them is a breeze!

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes. I just hope I can keep the secret going for 20 more days!! It really is unbelievably difficult!

anneo
02-08-2011, 11:50 AM
My husband's friend did this. He and his wife planned a surprise trip for their two kids. They packed up the van, hid their mouse ears under their seats, and had the video camera charged and ready to go. They live in Louisiana, so they told the kids they were going to New Orleans for the weekend and were going to go to the zoo. Once they passed through New Orleans and the older one realized they weren't stopping he asked where they were going. The dad told them to look under the seat, and the wife broke out the video camera. Well, they have great footage of the son fussing because they were going to Disney World instead of New Orleans and the daughter crying because she wanted to go to the zoo. :mickey:

sara114
02-08-2011, 10:46 PM
I surprised my grandson with a trip one year. He was around 6 years old. I woke him up EARLY in the morning, 5am ! I told him that grandpa's car wasn't working and we had to take him to work. He didn't want to get out of bed. He kept saying that grandpa could drive himself. I finally had to tell him to get up because we were actually going to WDW and we would miss the plane if we didn't get up and moving. Well, 5 minutes later he was up, dressed and sitting in the car to go....I have it all in pictures ! One of my best memories. I still take him every year, just the 2 of us. I will hate it when he is too old to go with his grandma to WDW.

Trev&Ev Mom
02-09-2011, 08:46 AM
I surprised my grandson with a trip one year. He was around 6 years old. I woke him up EARLY in the morning, 5am ! I told him that grandpa's car wasn't working and we had to take him to work. He didn't want to get out of bed. He kept saying that grandpa could drive himself. I finally had to tell him to get up because we were actually going to WDW and we would miss the plane if we didn't get up and moving. Well, 5 minutes later he was up, dressed and sitting in the car to go....I have it all in pictures ! One of my best memories. I still take him every year, just the 2 of us. I will hate it when he is too old to go with his grandma to WDW.

How sweet is that?? That is very special and you are very lucky to be able to do that!

Trev&Ev Mom
02-09-2011, 08:49 AM
My husband's friend did this. He and his wife planned a surprise trip for their two kids. They packed up the van, hid their mouse ears under their seats, and had the video camera charged and ready to go. They live in Louisiana, so they told the kids they were going to New Orleans for the weekend and were going to go to the zoo. Once they passed through New Orleans and the older one realized they weren't stopping he asked where they were going. The dad told them to look under the seat, and the wife broke out the video camera. Well, they have great footage of the son fussing because they were going to Disney World instead of New Orleans and the daughter crying because she wanted to go to the zoo. :mickey:

That is too funny!! My kids have done that when we have told them we are going someplace and end up at another...the moaning and groaning...ugh! But hopefully they won't feel that way about WDW!! I'm pretty sure they will feel that WDW is better than a day in school!!!