PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace - 1/26/11 - Review

magicman
02-07-2011, 03:26 PM
My family of 6 (2 adults & 4 kids ages 15, 14, 11, & 3) ate at the Crystal Palace on 1/26 which was the day we arrived at WDW.

1) Our reservations were at 4:40pm, and we had ADRs (we were on the DDP).

2) We waited 7 minutes for our table.

3) The service was fine/average

4) The buffet was good (particularly the first time through the line as there isn't that much variety on the buffet).

5) Our favorite items were: the mashed potatoes, the grilled vegetables, and pasta.

6) The character interaction was very good. I recommend finding out the direction the characters will arrive at your table as soon as you are seated (otherwise there is risk that you might be in the washroom or at the buffet & miss a character on their first pass).

In my opinion the Crystal Palace is about as good a table service as you can get in Magic Kingdom. We also like eating there on our arrival day as it satisfies our need to get immediate Disney immersion.:mickey:

FenwayGirl
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
We go there every trip. Not fancy food, but lots of variety and the food is good.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
I agree it is good character interaction and about the best TS in MK...for a buffet as good as you're going to get

Jared
02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks for the review! I generally agree with the previous posts. I never make a point to visit Crystal Palace, but it's one of the better character buffets. I particularly enjoy the atmosphere, and the food is certainly acceptable.

DisneyorBust
02-07-2011, 06:51 PM
We enjoy dining at the Crystal Palace. Each trip to WDW we book a breakfast ADR where we have a nice buffet breakfast and we also seem to have the park to ourselves!

Tigerinvestigator
02-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the review. I agree it is a great character meal. The food has always been really good when we have been.

Tigger's Mom
02-09-2011, 09:36 AM
This has always been a favorite for my family. My son loved Pooh when he was little and this was the place to go. We always go for breakfast and get an early reservation so we can wander down Main Street when it's not as crowded. I've already made our reservations for July! We can't wait!!

Disney4us2
02-09-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the review. We are having dinner there during our spring break trip. I haven't been back there sine 2005, so I am really looking forward to it.

darthmacho
02-09-2011, 02:35 PM
We've enjoyed dinner there to, but our new tradition is to start with breakfast on our first morning after our arrival day since it gets you in the park early and as you say, immerses you in the WDW spirit right off the bat.

Good review. :mickey: