PDA

View Full Version : Grand Villas chances

peemagg
02-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Our trip in January 2012, will be 9 maybe 10 of us. We are right now at the 11 month window planning on getting a Grand Villa at SSR, but would like to switch to a Grand Villa at OKW at the 7 month window.

What do you think the chances are of being able to switch at the 7 month window or even get a Grand Villa at the 11 month window?

dlpmikki
02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
January should be a good chance, certainly for 11 months out. 7 months out is probably rather more difficult even then. Having said that I actually think the design of the Grand Villa at SSR is very good and even prefer it to OKW. It's the only size room i would say that of!

Basket Mommy
02-07-2011, 04:19 PM
I just tried last month to book a grand Villa at OKW for May and they were available (we ended up going with a 2 BR at BLT instead). That was with 4 months' notice and during the Flower & Garden festival, so chances are good that you'll get one for January. I have stayed in a Villa at SSR and they are quite nice. If you end up staying there, request to be in the Springs right across from the pool. Great location!

peemagg
02-07-2011, 06:05 PM
That's all great news. We really like Saratoga, but would like to try OKW. It is also a whole lot less points to stay at OKW too.

MinnieMommie
02-07-2011, 06:55 PM
If you are thinking about points you can also get a 2 bedroom and a studio for 10 people (they allow 9 in a 2 bedroom). Way less points than a Grand Villa! For a week in January (2011 and 2012) it is 501 pts for a grand villa but only 341 for a studio and a 2 bedroom for a week. Something to consider. :mickey:

peemagg
02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
We have enough points for either way, but are wanting a Grand Villa since it is the first time that all 9 of us will be there together. Kind of want the togetherness of being in the same room, but not always on top of each other.

I know that if we tried to put the 6 adults and 3 kids together for a week in one two bedroom, we would be at each others throats ( the adults, not the kids). Were a close group, but there is something about being to close.

There is also the chance that another adult might be joining us.

MinnieMommie
02-09-2011, 07:36 PM
You will have a luxurious stay in the Grand Villas!! :mickey:

peemagg
02-26-2011, 02:26 PM
We were able to get a Grand Villa yesterday. YAYYY!!!!!!

Now we have to decide which section to stay in. We are leaning toward the Grandstand section, since we won't have a car and 2 of us have mobility issues requiring ECV's. Which building do you think would be best to be close to everything?

Basket Mommy
02-26-2011, 10:02 PM
At SSR you want to be in the Springs. It's closest to the pool, the check-in area (Carriage House), Turf Club, gift shop and counter service (Artist Palette).