PDA

View Full Version : Contempo?

anneb
02-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Any thoughts on this spot? I almost never do counter service for dinner, but this next trip is focused on my sister, who badly needs a break from 8 months of dealing with her husband's very serious health issues, and CS is more her style, so I'm trying to cooperate. (We'll have a nice TS lunch.) There's a hot turkey sandwich with brie and applebutter that sounds like it might be OK, or do others have recommendations? We'll likely be in the MK area around dinner time two days in a row.

MinnieMommie
02-06-2011, 01:36 PM
I've eaten at Contempo several times and have had many things on the menu. There are many decent items on the menu and the sandwiches are among the best offerings.

The hot roast beef sandwich is very good (but I think this is only available at night) as are all the hot sandwiches. You can get roast potatoes or fries but the fries are very good and I prefer them The salads are nice too. Your sister should like Contempo especially if she enjoys a hot sandwich, fries and a salad. :mickey:

whitney37354
02-07-2011, 03:51 PM
We ate there in June. DH had a cheeseburger. DD & I had flatbread pizzas. Everything was okay, but the desserts were lacking. It was a nice break to be able to watch the monorail glide by above us & just people watch.

BrerGnat
02-07-2011, 05:53 PM
If they still have the Honey Lime grilled chicken sandwich, that is a major winner! I loved it! Actually, I loved everything I ate at Contempo (we stayed at Contemporary for a week and ate there a lot!). It's one of the best resort CS places, IMO.

Jared
02-07-2011, 05:59 PM
Another recommendation for Contempo Cafe here. One of the best resort counter service locations. Perfect for those hot, crowded days in the parks when you just need to escape to an air conditioned hotel for a bit.

anneb
02-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Thanks for all the responses!

johnO
02-08-2011, 04:48 PM
I thought Comtempo Cafe was just a little coffee spot in the lobby of the CR. I got coffee there last year. I didnt know there was more to it.

MinnieMommie
02-08-2011, 07:38 PM
I thought Comtempo Cafe was just a little coffee spot in the lobby of the CR. I got coffee there last year. I didnt know there was more to it.

You are referring to the Contemporary Grounds. The Contempo Cafe is the CR quick food venue on the 4th fl. :mickey:

johnO
02-09-2011, 08:24 AM
Gotchya

jonahbear2006
02-12-2011, 02:10 AM
we thought the food here was excellent. I would definitely consider it a dining spot. The salads and sandwiches are very filling and very tasty. They have a soda fountain that is at your convienence and so there is access to refills. They dont seem to mind.

ShanPooh
02-16-2011, 12:19 AM
We like to resort hop during our stays to look around and try out restaurants. We enjoyed Contempo on our last trip - 18 month ago, sigh.
DH mentioned that he would want to go again on our next trip. This is a guy who hardly ever speaks up, so when he has an opinion, I listen :D

RBrooksC
02-16-2011, 07:32 AM
We are staying in the CR in May. I am very much looking forward to the convenience of going there for breakfast the days we don't have a "sit-down" ADR.

Especially so on May 20 when Star Wars Weekends starts.

BrerGnat
02-16-2011, 12:01 PM
We are staying in the CR in May. I am very much looking forward to the convenience of going there for breakfast the days we don't have a "sit-down" ADR.

Especially so on May 20 when Star Wars Weekends starts.

Mmmmm...must try waffles with bananas and salted caramel sauce. It's good....

wildernesslady
02-16-2011, 02:00 PM
We tried it once and it was really good. I would definitely like to go back.

EpcotFan182
02-17-2011, 08:39 AM
I recommend it as well - ate there multiple times last trip. Their steak salad was delicious!

iloveokw
02-19-2011, 06:15 PM
Not to disagree but my vote would be for Capt. Cooks in the Poly (Dole Whip!) or Columbia Harbor House in the MK.

Septbride2002
02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
The Contempo was great for food when we stayed at BLT! I loved everything we ate there including the pasta dishes. I really wish that Artist Pallette (SSR) and the Boardwalk would follow this example.

~Amanda