PDA

View Full Version : Segway Tours

Luv4WDW
02-06-2011, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure if this is in the right spot, but I was wondering about the Segway tours. There are two 2-hour tours we're trying to decide between. One is the Epcot tour and one is at Ft. Wilderness. It looks like both are $99/person. Does anybody have any experience with these or recommendations? We will have 4 adults.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-06-2011, 12:50 PM
We've done both tours and they each have their own merits. We've done the Epcot 2 hour tour, twice and the Wilderness once. They are both alot of fun.

If you choose one, I would start with the Epcot tour. I found the training to be better and it's pretty easy riding ~ not alot of hazards and unpredictable things happening. I would recommend the earliest tour (7:30am I think) since you get to ride without people in the park alot longer. And it's pretty darn neat to be in Epcot with virtually no one else.

The Wilderness Tour is also really cool and the Segways are alittle more forgiving to ride but the terrain can be daunting and have more crashes/ accidents. On our tour, there were three pretty bad accidents.(people dumping off on uneven roads, hitting stuff)

If you are only doing one, I would say Epcot, but both are well worth the time IMHO. :D

DakotaDisney
02-06-2011, 04:57 PM
I have only done the Epcot Segway tour and it was great. It was my first time riding a segway and it was really a lot of fun and not that hard. The tour and information about the world showcase was also fun. I also totally agree with the other post in that I would recomend the earlier tour, so there are fewer people around.

The Fort Wilderness tour sounds fun, but I would say the important thing would be whether or not this is your first time on a Segway or not. If it is your first time, then I think the Epcot tour would be better for a first timer, instead of going off road. That would be my only suggestion between the 2.

wdw dude
02-06-2011, 05:58 PM
If it is your first time, then I think the Epcot tour would be better for a first timer, instead of going off road. That would be my only suggestion between the 2.

I agree. I've done both tours and loved both of them. I thought we got a little more training on the Epcot tour so if you've never ridden a Segway before, that might be the way to go. It was also a lot of fun zipping around World Showcase before it opened.

Personally, I think I liked the Ft. Wilderness tour a little more, but that was the second tour I took and I was a "pro" by then. We went to the horse stables and saw "John," the headless horseman horse from the Halloween parade at Magic Kingdom. We even went to the Wilderness Lodge and through the campground and the shore of Bay Lake. We covered a lot of real estate that I had never been to before.

I would do either tour again in a heartbeat.

:mickey:

joanna71985
02-06-2011, 06:14 PM
I did the 2-hour tour at Epcot, and loved it! It was a lot of fun

faline
02-06-2011, 07:45 PM
I've only done the Epcot one so can't compare the two but can say the Ecpot one was great fun and I highly recommend it!

LVT
02-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I have only done the Ft. Wilderness tour. It was fun. The paths were easy, not wild.

HoosierDisneyFan
02-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Are you weighted bvefore the tour? I heard there is a weight limit.

EeyoresBestFriend
02-07-2011, 08:01 PM
There is a 250lb max weight restriction and you have to weigh at least 90lbs(I think) or you aren't heavy enough for the segway to 'read' you.

I don't know how they would treat that if they suspected you were more than 250. Maybe the Segway just doesn't work?? :confused:

wdw dude
02-08-2011, 07:10 AM
Are you weighed before the tour? I heard there is a weight limit.

There are weight limits that are mentioned in the post above, but no...you are not put on a scale in front of everyone. You are on the honor system.

:mickey:

Zawadi
02-09-2011, 03:47 PM
On our last trip I was going to go on the Epcot Segway tour but was forbidden to do so by my doctor. (I was recovering from a double wrist fracture).

However, I found out that in Innoventions there is a free 5 minute Segway experience. This ran from 1pm to when Innoventions closes. It's a quick way to find out if you and the Segway are compatible ;)

brownie
02-09-2011, 10:01 PM
The Around the World at Epcot Segway tour was a fantastic experience! You won't be disappointed with it. I was on the 9:30am tour, so you get through most of World Showcase without anyone in it.

Chernabog1326
02-13-2011, 08:39 PM
I have done both tours, and highly recommend them. I do agree that the Epcot tour is a better first time event. It really is an intuitive device, taking a matter of minutes to feel comfortable. If you have AAA, mention it when you book, I believe there is a 10% discount. This one will build your confidence, getting you ready to tackle the Ft. Wilderness tour, which does go off-road near the shores of Bay Lake, as well as on the roads of Ft. Wilderness campground, where there can be vehicle traffic. Plus, now you'll have an excuse to visit WDW again!!

Enjoy!!