PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever converted anyone?

BellesRose
02-05-2011, 11:07 PM
Ok, my family and Disney go way back! We've been AP's for years, and when our passes expire in April, we have decided not to renew. Mostly because of money, but also because my mom is just not a big fan of Disney. Well, last Sunday we went to the Magic Kingdom for the day and my mom was already complaining in the parking lot (She REALLY loves us!)

It ended up being a perfect day in every way! By the end of the night, my mom even fell in love with a Dooney and Burke purse and now takes it everywhere with her! She was talking about how many compliments she gets on it and asked me to look for a matching wallet. I told her that it's better to buy it in a store rather than online, and she said, "Oh! We're going next weekend!" and got all excited!! She even thought the Disney Store we went to last week was adorable.

I think I have almost converted her into a Disney fan :mickey:

Anyone else have any conversion stories? :thumbsup:

Daisy'sMom
02-06-2011, 11:25 AM
GOOD! Keep it up, she will leave the dark side and find the light of all things DISNEY! Good job.:mickey:

EeyoresBestFriend
02-06-2011, 01:42 PM
My parents too!

They humored us when we kept going back and would gently suggest 'maybe going elsewhere'. When we surprised them with a trip several years ago(they had never been) ~ they weren't terribly excited, but again, humored us.

Needless to say after 2 weeks at the FQ, the parks and the restaurants ~ they LOVE it! They now have Disney memorabilia and pictures in their home! They have been back since and are making noises about wishing to go again!

:thumbsup: Mission Accomplished!! :thumbsup:

I LoveJack
02-06-2011, 03:27 PM
Guess I could say the same about my mom, but it may be more like the grandkids did it. LOL All I know is that she never took me when I was growing up, but since I have been taking DDs twice a year now for the last 7 years, she goes almost once a year with us. And this past year, we got APs and she went twice. :thumbsup: But alas, she is not going back with us in March, so maybe next year.

buzznwoodysmom
02-06-2011, 07:02 PM
I wasn't totally responsible, but I was hoping for it with my SIL and her family. About 6 years ago my SIL and her hubby took their two children to WDW for the first, and "only" time. They kept saying stuff like "We want to take them while they are still young enough to enjoy the characters", or "we want to make sure we do everything because this will be our only trip to WDW". They fell in love with the place and are going on their 5th trip in less than a month. I didn't think in a million years they would have become huge fans, but we are really enjoying taking these trips with them so often.

White Rose
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I definitely did on my last trip. My friend had been there YEARS ago, when she was about eight or nine (she's going to be 23 this year). When she had gone previously, they have never stayed on Disney property or did Disney Dining. After the week, she was a full convert. She saw how it was possible to do Disney on a well-planned budget (I know most don't like it, but the Dining Plan allowed us to budget SO WELL). She's already starting to talk to her family about wanting to go back for a family vacation! :D

BellesRose
02-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I love all of these stories!

Unfortunately, I have never been able to convert a friend, but that's probably because my friends are too cheap. They wouldn't even eat, even though I offered to pay for food! Some people are just set in their ways...

Cinderelley
02-08-2011, 05:20 AM
Several actually. Each year I tend to take a friend with me who I knew could never afford it on their own at the time and really needs the break. Many of them return with me at one time or another. Last year I took a friend with me whose mother, aunt and sister wound up going after he had such a great time. He was actually kinda bummed when they didn't get to do everything that we did. :laughing: I told him that maybe I would take them with me next time I go and show them how to do it right. ;)

LVT
02-10-2011, 10:01 AM
I took my family when the boys were 12 and 17.
I considered it a 1x requirement as a citizen or something.
Now we go every 18 months and the oldest(26) is going with us this year too.
You never know until you try.

ransam
02-12-2011, 05:28 PM
not sure if she's a convert. but my friend use to make fun of me and never understood why i went to disney every year. she thought it was just for kids...
she went in October w/ a friends family. theyjust went to MK and she told me she thought it was awesome, and would love teo go again.,...