PDA

View Full Version : Tables in Wonderland?

NH Disneyfan
02-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Please tell me what you can about Tables in Wonderland. We are DVC owners likely to purchase an annual pass this year to use first in August 2011 and again in April 2012.

Cost: $75 ???
Duration: 1 year
Discount: 20% on food and all beverage

Is this all correct? What am I missing here - 20% discount seems incredible.

Thanks!

mickeysworld
02-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes, $75 for 1 year membership, this is the cost for annual passholders. The 20% discount is good at select table service restaurants and if you use your card, an automatic 18% gratuity is added to your bill regardless of party size. Hth!

DizneyRox
02-06-2011, 08:52 AM
Table Service is the keyword, not 20% off all food and beverage. There are a few CS locations that take it, more because there isn't a TS option at the park or resort.

Also the 18% surcharge is often questioned. I don't agree with it. However, those are the rules, and in all honesty, that too saves us money. I usually estimate tip in my head and it's easy to "estimate" 20%. And I also round up usually, it's just easier. With the TiW I save myself at least 2% on the tip as well.

When tip turns into a surcharge, that all you get. I don't care if they stationed a personal butler at my table. It would be 18%

If you don't feel the service was worth the 18% I encourage you to speak with management.

Disney_Barbie
02-07-2011, 08:23 AM
IF you eat at a lot of Table Service places it's (in my opinion) the greatest Bargin in WDW. We literally saved HUNDREDS on dining last year (but granted that covered a span of 3 vacations, one of which we had a group of 10 and we frequently eat at table service resturants) But if you're people like us, it's literally too good to be true, but it is :mickey:

DisneyBunch5
02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
There are a few blackout dates:
Mother's Day, Easter, 4th of July, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.

NH Disneyfan
02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks everyone. This sounds like for $75 it is a really good deal. I'm going to be going 2x in 1 calendar year, so this is definitely worth the calculation.