PDA

View Full Version : TIW Survey = uh-oh!

VWL Mom
02-05-2011, 01:27 PM
So I just complete the TIW survey they sent. It looks like there can be some changes coming down the road. Questions included rating card as it stands now, what's most important, what can be eliminated, you get the drift. I guess those of us that currently have the card should enjoy for now.

BugeyedMuggy
02-05-2011, 01:34 PM
We have the TIW card but did not get a survey. Hopefully any changes will be for the better.

Strmchsr
02-05-2011, 01:55 PM
A survey does not mean changes are coming. Like any good company, Disney is constantly evaluating what they do. Walt's most often repeated phrase was, "How can we do this better?" So, questions on a survey are just looking for guest satisfaction and ways of improvement. It does not always mean changes are imminent and any changes that do come are, hopefully, for the better.

Melanie
02-05-2011, 03:39 PM
I'd love to do one of those surveys, and my main complaint would be the charge for a lost card. I think that is absolutely ridiculous! If the CM takes the necessary steps to verify the cardholder's ID, there wouldn't be any abuse. I just don't get the $50 to replace a lost card. :confused:

faline
02-05-2011, 04:03 PM
I just don't get the $50 to replace a lost card. :confused:

It's the reason I live in fear of losing mine - especially when a server walks off with it!

Melanie
02-05-2011, 04:05 PM
It's the reason I live in fear of losing mine - especially when a server walks off with it!

I know! I spend waaaaaaaaaay too much time worrying about that card. It's crazy.

VWL Mom
02-06-2011, 08:15 AM
A survey does not mean changes are coming. Like any good company, Disney is constantly evaluating what they do. Walt's most often repeated phrase was, "How can we do this better?" So, questions on a survey are just looking for guest satisfaction and ways of improvement. It does not always mean changes are imminent and any changes that do come are, hopefully, for the better.

While I would normally tend to agree with you, this was geared more towards what would you miss the least and value of the card. The focus was on: 20% food, 20% alcohol, comp resort parking, comp park parking, and spec events. I hope you're right!

VWL Mom
02-06-2011, 08:24 AM
I'd love to do one of those surveys, and my main complaint would be the charge for a lost card. I think that is absolutely ridiculous! If the CM takes the necessary steps to verify the cardholder's ID, there wouldn't be any abuse. I just don't get the $50 to replace a lost card. :confused:

I know why because I actually witnessed a woman returning one at guest services. They are charging because they are assuming the card is not lost but "misplaced". She had gone in the morning and said hers was lost and got a replacement. While I was there she was returning it because her DD & SIL had it all along. It was apparent she had given hers to them for their use.

I know when we eat, my DH pays the bill (I am the TIW card holder) and not once has a server even asked us about it. Perhaps, if they would ask for ID at that point there would be no need for replacement charge.

Strmchsr
02-06-2011, 09:52 AM
While I would normally tend to agree with you, this was geared more towards what would you miss the least and value of the card. The focus was on: 20% food, 20% alcohol, comp resort parking, comp park parking, and spec events. I hope you're right!

If it makes you feel any better, they also recently did a survey about World Showcase asking which country you would miss most if it were gone, which you would miss least, what you would like to see added, etc. I know for a fact that there are no immediate plans to do anything with WS. There are plans, dreams, etc, but nothing they will put into motion any time soon. So, I think all of these surveys are just examining how people think about different things.

DizneyRox
02-06-2011, 12:30 PM
The problem is, Disney has made it a habit lately of removing value instead of plussing things.

And many of the recent changes point to guest feedback prompte dthe change(s). For example, the recent DVC changes to limit resale points to DVC properties only. Removal of Character Dining from Liberty Tree Tavern, etc.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that Disney is looking at scaling back the program.

We save significantly over OOP and DDP costs by using the TiW card. The bean counters see that as lost revenue.

Melanie
02-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I know why because I actually witnessed a woman returning one at guest services. They are charging because they are assuming the card is not lost but "misplaced". She had gone in the morning and said hers was lost and got a replacement. While I was there she was returning it because her DD & SIL had it all along. It was apparent she had given hers to them for their use.

I know when we eat, my DH pays the bill (I am the TIW card holder) and not once has a server even asked us about it. Perhaps, if they would ask for ID at that point there would be no need for replacement charge.

Exactly, that's what I was saying earlier. If the correct steps were taken, any abuse would be caught. It can be done.

Another way would be to have a specific number or whatever associated with the card, and if a replacement was needed, that number would be void and a new one issued.

Again, it can be done.

Frog
02-08-2011, 11:19 AM
i checked abbreviations, and still nothing...
what in the world is a TIW card??
thanks in advance...

DizneyRox
02-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Tables in Wonderland. A discount program offered to Annual Passholders and Florida Residents. 20% off your table service bill (including drinks) at most Disney owned and operated restaurants on property. There are a few exceptions, etc, but that's the general idea.