PDA

View Full Version : Dining reservations on a cancelled hotel reservation

Luv4WDW
02-05-2011, 11:57 AM
We have dining reservations linked to a reservation number that has been cancelled. The original number was cancelled because we booked the room before we purchased tickets and now, to link the two together we had to essentially cancel the old reservation and start a new one. The CM I talked to on the phone told me it wasn't a problem that we had dining reservations on our old reservation number. Does anybody have any experience with this? We're staying club level, so I am debating sending an e-mail to the concierge staff to see if they could change these over for us. Any thoughts?

forever a child
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
We have dining reservations linked to a reservation number that has been canceled. The original number was canceled because we booked the room before we purchased tickets and now, to link the two together we had to essentially cancel the old reservation and start a new one. The CM I talked to on the phone told me it wasn't a problem that we had dining reservations on our old reservation number. Does anybody have any experience with this? We're staying club level, so I am debating sending an e-mail to the concierge staff to see if they could change these over for us. Any thoughts?

We did this for our last trip and I never thought about it until reading your post, LOL. We had a room only ressies (tied to our ADR's) and then switched to a package so our reservation was canceled and changed to a new one with a completely different number. We had all of our ADR confirmation numbers printed out and with us each day. Never even considered that they could have been cancelled. We didn't have a problem...everyone had us in their system. So I would think you would be ok too. I think the ressie number just gives you access to do the 180 day booking in the system but does not necessarily link to your actual Resort reservations.

DizneyRox
02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Currently, no problems... Eventually, I think that there will be some consequences, but not for a while.

Magic Smiles
02-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I don't think that the meal reservations are really linked to the room reservation number. I made our meal reservations and the site never even asked me for our room reservation number. Now that I think of it, that was weird. I wonder if they linked with your email address?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-05-2011, 02:10 PM
We had no issues either.

We booked a room-only reservation, so we could make ADR's at 180+10days, and then cancelled the room and booked a package when they were released.

Everyone had all of our ADRs, no issues at all.

CleveRocks
02-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Your ADRs are linked to a TELEPHONE number, not to a resort reservation number. Think about the information you give when you make an ADR.:mickey:

Magic Smiles
02-05-2011, 04:50 PM
Your ADRs are linked to a TELEPHONE number, not to a resort reservation number. Think about the information you give when you make an ADR.:mickey:
Well that makes sense, but never thought of it as I don't make my own resort reservations, Magical Journey's does it for me :mickey:
However it is a good thing that I used the same phone number when making my ADR's;)