PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Weekends Official Dates Announced

Melanie
02-04-2011, 06:56 PM
From Disney Parks Blog

Feel the Force at Star Wars Weekends 2011!

:yoda::trooper::ewok::darth::chewy:

While Disney Imagineers continue to help create the newest Star Tours adventure at Disneyland and Walt Disney World Resorts, plenty of Jedi, Wookiees and droids (oh my!) are gearing up for Star Wars Weekends, the annual celebration of all-things-Star Wars at Walt Disney World Resort.

And today you can start making your plans to journey to a galaxy far, far away and step into the Star Wars saga, as we officially announce this year’s event dates for the first time. Star Wars Weekends 2011 will be held at Disney’s Hollywood Studios every Friday, Saturday and Sunday from May 20-June 12.

The event features one of the galaxy’s largest gatherings of Star Wars characters all around the theme park, offering photo and autograph opportunities (I mean, c’mon – where else can you ask the Dark Lord of the Sith, Darth Vader, for his autograph??? Just don’t ask him to smile for your photo). There are special Star Wars parades, trivia challenges, Jedi Training Academy, limited-edition merchandise and memorabilia, behind-the-scenes presentations, star conversations and more.

Star Wars celebrities make special appearances in talk shows and grand motorcades, and sign autographs throughout the weekend (here’s a tip: make sure you’re at the theme park first-thing in the morning to secure a spot in one of the celebrity autograph queues for that day).

We’ll announce a complete and more detailed Star Wars Weekends celebrity lineup soon, but we can tell you now about two fan-favorites returning for 2011.

•Anthony Daniels, known worldwide for his portrayal of everyone’s favorite protocol droid, C-3PO, will return this year for Weekend 1 (May 20-22) and Weekend 2 (May 27-29). Trivia fact: C-3PO (or “See-Threepio” as many fans remember) is one of the few characters to appear in all seven Star Wars feature films.

•Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano, in “Star Wars: The Clone Wars,” will appear each weekend this year as Celebrity Host of a behind-the-scenes talk show entitled “Clone Wars: Behind the Force.” Ashley is no stranger to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Ashley, who grew up in central Florida, had one of her first show-business roles as a parade performer at the theme park.

jimsgal05
02-05-2011, 09:06 AM
YES~~~~ So thrilled and C-3PO ..like i have a snow ball cahce to meet him line will be to long...but will try anyways...:yoda:

this will be a great honeymoon...So love star wars!!!:darth::chewy::trooper::ewok::yoda:

Aw 2011 will be the best yr yet~~

thank you Fairy Godmother for all my dreams come true

MOJoe
02-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks for posting the dates. Looks like SWW's are shaping up just as we expected, C-3PO and all.
I'm planning on arriving the 22nd, just in time to catch part of weekend one. This winter can't be over soon enough!

BandMan
02-07-2011, 01:41 PM
This winter can't be over soon enough!
:snowball:W..W..What d..d..do you m..m..mean? :freeze:

Kathy Jetson
02-08-2011, 11:56 PM
We will be at DHS on a week day during the star wars weekends but not on a Friday. I know they will not have the special characters out or the special parade, but will there be anything extra to look out for in the park? I'm thinking along the lines of photo ops, not characters just anything different to look for.:mickey:

RBrooksC
02-09-2011, 07:59 AM
Ok, this is great. My Disney vacation started May 17. We will be going to DHS on that Friday for the first day of Star Wars Weekends.

My five year old son can't wait to meet Darth Vader. He just told us last night he wants to dress like the little boy in the commercial when we go to Disney.

LiloLovesTheKing26
02-11-2011, 05:25 PM
I REALLY hope Warwick Davis is there!!! Can't wait!!!

Donalds Duckie
02-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Yay! We just booked ASMu last night (only Value available with our PIN code discount) May 22-28:mickey: Thrilled to learn we'll be able to catch a couple days of SWW.