PDA

View Full Version : ? re: part of a party upgrading to AP's...

Dsnygirl
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
I think I already understand this, but I just want to be sure....

In August, my DH and I may decide to upgrade to AP's, if we have by then decided to return on our own for a "couple's wknd" in Feb. (:fingers:) We are travelling in August as a family (2 DD's) on the Free Dining package, which plays into my question.

My DD's obviously won't need to upgrade, as they won't be joining us (queue wailing and gnashing of teeth... ;)) but I think I have read that as long as my DH and I have already checked in, once we get to the parks we can go to the Guest Relations window and upgrade w/o losing the benefits of our package.

Is this correct? And can I add the Water Parks and Fun option onto my DD's tickets at that point, but not our own (b/c if we choose to upgrade to AP's, I don't want to be forced into a PAP, which although nice, wouldn't ever get used to it's full benefit. :() It would save us money on the waterparks for them, we would just have to pay OOP for ourselves, but our AP's would get us a small discount...

Thanks for any clarification....

:thanks:

Dsnygirl
02-05-2011, 03:20 AM
Bump.... :)

VWL Mom
02-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I have never been on the free dining but I can't see as that making a difference. The requirement is that you purchase a 2 day ticket for each person but no where can I find that once you have that ticket in your hand you can't alter it.

We have done different things for different people in our room (I upgraded to AP) so I agree with your assessment that you an DH can upgrade while DDs get WP&M option.

wildernesslady
02-05-2011, 09:26 AM
We just did this in Oct. We did use our passes once. That will give you credit for the current gate price. We had purchased our package before the last ticket price increase. It did not affect our free dining at all. You may also add the water park feature to some of the tickets. It does not have to be all that are on the reservation.