PDA

View Full Version : Can my mom buy us FL resident tickets

Catzle
02-03-2011, 07:24 PM
If we are not Florida residents. She wants to send us 4 tickets for a present but can we use them if we are not FL residents?

Buttercup
02-03-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't think you can - the Disney website says:

Proof of a Florida residential address for each Guest age 18 or older is required for purchase and use.

floridamom
02-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Once you get to the park, each adult in your party would have to show a Florida driver's license or other state-issued ID to redeem the exchange certificates she would have purchased for you.

However, she could purchase the regular (non-FL resident) tickets for you. Even at our local AAA they sell both.

gerald72
02-03-2011, 08:05 PM
Sure, she can buy them for you.
You just can't use them.

greengeen
02-03-2011, 08:51 PM
Strangely enough, Florida resident tickets are only for people who live in Florida.

honeebee86
02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Being a FL resident I can tell you this: you never actually get the ticket without presenting some sort of valid FL ID. So if I go to WDW and get a multiple day pass using the FL discount, they will ask to see my ID. If I am buying it for someone else, they will give you a voucher that has the persons name in which you are buying it for or will say FL resident ticket. When that person takes the voucher to WDW and exchanges it for an actual pass, they will ask for FL ID. The only time they don't is if it is for a child. Of course there are possible ways to go around this rule but the difficulty is not worth the cost savings and of course it is very unethical.:mickey:

Catzle
02-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Snotty remarks not needed. Thanks, was just asking.

honeebee86
02-03-2011, 10:30 PM
I don't think anyone was trying to be snotty.....just trying to have a little fun. Anyway, I hope you didn't think I was being snotty. I understand the confusion with FL resident tickets because not everyone realizes you don't always get the tickets right then and there.:mickey:

Catzle
02-04-2011, 08:07 AM
No, not you at all. Just wasn't sure how it all worked, thought I did but my sister was trying to tell me other wise. They all live in FL.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-04-2011, 06:44 PM
A friend of mine was saying that she thought since we each own time share in FL and have a deed for the week, that this makes us Florida residents. I had to burst her bubble and tell her that doesn't count as residency either. Bummer! That would have been nice.

TheRustyScupper
02-05-2011, 03:33 AM
. . . A friend of mine was saying that she thought since we each own time share in FL and have a deed for the week, that this makes us Florida residents . . .

1) Timeshare and interval ownship does not apply.
. . . deeded
. . . non-deeded
. . . rental
2) Hey, there are just too many of them.
3) However, a partial resident can get discounts.
4) Disney changed the Fl Discount rules/regualtions last year.

a) The following items are the only documents accepted as proof of Florida Residency:
. . . valid Florida State Drivers License
. . . valid Florida State issued ID Card with Florida Address
. . . valid Military ID stationed at one of the Florida Military Bases
b) Alternative: must have a driver's license or state photo ID card from another state, or a non-US Passport, plus either
. . . current original homeowner insurance policy or bill, or
. . . current original automobile registration, insurance policy, or
. . . current original utility bill, or
. . . statement from a financial institution showing checking/savings/investment info, or
. . . current original mail from a Federal or Florida State, County or City government agency, or
. . . above originals (no copies) must be to your Florida street address, and not a PO Box
c) Time share or interval ownership is not valid as a Florida residence.
d) Not longer valid for Florida residency
. . . voter registration card
. . . college ID
. . . rent reciept, mortgage reciept, mortgage booklet
. . . ownership deed, residential lease

dumbo ears
02-05-2011, 09:09 PM
naw u cant we tried this idea a couple years ago with a friend we had that lived in florida and werent able to. would be nice if u could though lol