PDA

View Full Version : blizzard of 2011

happy day
02-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Did the blizzard change anyones plans for their vacations.

faline
02-03-2011, 06:51 PM
Which one?

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-03-2011, 09:04 PM
Last week, this week, Saturday or next Tuesday? Pick one!

I'm just praying that we don't have one in 23 days because that's when we fly out for WDW!

Aurora
02-04-2011, 02:29 PM
Sadly, it may have. We haven't cancelled anything yet, but we lost some roof shingles and have to find out whether we need a whole new roof. Also because the kids got two snow days, they may add days onto the end of the year, which is when we planned to leave.

We're keeping our fingers crossed.

sportsguy2315
02-04-2011, 03:09 PM
DGF's brother has had 4 snow days already and numerous early release/late starts. They have an allotted amount of days off built in, but it's now to the point where they have to go in on President's Day. A day off Easter Break is up next.

garymacd
02-06-2011, 02:22 PM
This storm didn't change our plans at all. We didn't have any. Although I was a little concerned about getting to work. Being in an essential service, I didn't have much choice about going or not.

But back in 1994 when we drove down to WDW, we nearly got stuck in a hotel in Ohio for a couple of days. We just got checked in and turned on the weather channel to find out what the weather would be like. Blizzard conditions. We thought about packing up and leaving to stay ahead of the storm, but I had just finished night shift and was too tired to drive any further. That was one stormy, freaky trip!