PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill for vegetarian?

McLiberal8
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
I am looking to go to the Garden Grill on my next trip - everyone I know who has gone seems to like it a lot.

I am just worried about vegetarian options. Isn't it a family-style meal? Anyone know if they offer anything substantial for a vegetarian?

Thanks!

forever a child
02-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Don't know if they offer any substitutions but part of the meal is fish since many vegetarians still eat that. If not, I would think it would not be the best choice for a meal.

McLiberal8
02-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Don't know if they offer any substitutions but part of the meal is fish since many vegetarians still eat that. If not, I would think it would not be the best choice for a meal.

Yeah, nothing that ever had a face, for me, so fish is out :(

Too bad, it seemed like a pretty fun meal. Hopefully the menu will be updated soon!

forever a child
02-03-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah, nothing that ever had a face, for me, so fish is out :(

Too bad, it seemed like a pretty fun meal. Hopefully the menu will be updated soon!

If no one has an answer for you here on meal substitution, I would call and ask. It really is a great place for a Character meal. And the vegetables they serve are the ones they grow there in epcot...they are fresh and great which I would think you would of course love.

I was a vegetarian for almost 6 years...and it is hard to eat out. My exhubby was vegan and that was worse to find a decent place to eat at.;)

McLiberal8
02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
What kind of veggies are usually served?

forever a child
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
What kind of veggies are usually served?

Whatever is seasonal. We had a tossed salad which was great (I love tomatoes!) and then something mixed that was steamed but I don't really remember what. Seems like there is always green peppers or squash in our mixed veggies..and I dislike both...but there were other things in it that I did eat and I'll usually try everything at least once to see if I do like it.

jonahbear2006
02-05-2011, 11:52 AM
We just ate there and I have to say I wasnt impressed. The sweet potato fries were pretty good but got old fast and the rest of the offerings were, like eating a tv dinner. It is good, and you probably wont dislike the food but there are so many other places that are better than this. I am a vegetarian and have been since I was 10 years old but when I am in Disney I eat meat. I wouldnt have been happy here without eating meat. There just isnt enough variety in meatless offerings.

jonahbear2006
02-05-2011, 11:55 AM
We had beef, turkey,and tilapia. Mashed potatoes, stuffing, green beans, sweet potato fries, mac and cheese, and a green salad. The salad WAS really good but thats an expensive salad if thats all you eat.

NJGIRL
02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I have been a vegetarian for 20 years and have been going to Disney for as many years. I have never had a problem getting meals that satisfy me while at Disney. Most restaurants will make adjustments for you, but I do suggest when making your ADR's to let them know that. Also calling the restaurant in advance can help, but it is something that I have never had to do.

We have never eaten at the Garden Grill because IMO even though the names suggests veggies, looking at the menu it doesn't seem that is what they are geared for. But I still have think if you want to eat there they will make something for you as long as it's noted ahead of time.

johnO
02-06-2011, 03:26 AM
DW and DD are vegetarians. The last time they ate there they hated it. They said it just simply was not as good as the last time they ate there.