PDA

View Full Version : So excited/jealous!

Dopey's Girl
02-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I just got a text from a coworker/friend who just got to All Star Sports. They are there for her birthday for the week, and Disney upgraded them from a standard room at sports to a 1 bed room villa at Boardwalk!

I'm so torn between being jealous that she is there, to being so excited for her to have gotten such a great upgrade!

forever a child
02-03-2011, 01:59 PM
WoW! What was the reason for the upgrade? Don't blame you, I am jealous too! :blush:

disneymom15
02-03-2011, 03:08 PM
WoW! What was the reason for the upgrade? Don't blame you, I am jealous too! :blush:

Ditto! Nice upgrade.

Melanie
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
WOW! Now that's an upgrade. I understand the jealousy though. ;)

AllDisney
02-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Think I'd be jealous then excited for her.

vicster
02-03-2011, 04:20 PM
How on earth do people get these upgrades? I've gone every year since 1983 plus I'm a stockholder and ZILCH! I'm happy for everyone getting these upgrades but I want one, too!:confused:

buzznwoodysmom
02-03-2011, 04:27 PM
How on earth do people get these upgrades? I've gone every year since 1983 plus I'm a stockholder and ZILCH! I'm happy for everyone getting these upgrades but I want one, too!:confused:

Pixie Dust!!!!!

We will be going on our 14th trip in exactly one month and we've never gotten an upgrade either. We've never asked for one and have never expected one. I think the magic of it is to get it unexpectedly, that's what makes it special. But I have to admit I'm often a tiny bit jealous when I hear of such upgrades. My SIL will be in WDW with us next month. They are staying at POR. I've been reading of lots of upgrades from POR to 1 bedroom villas at OKW and SSR. I'm so hoping that they get an upgrade. It won't affect us at all, we'll be at WL, but I'd love for them to have that kind of surprise.

vicster
02-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Pixie Dust!!!!!

I think the magic of it is to get it unexpectedly, that's what makes it special.

I'll take it unexpectedly! We'll be at WL in September so when you go maybe you can tell them to surprise me!

BellesRose
02-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Wow, that is awesome!!! I'm jealous ;)

When I was there for 4 nights last September, I was at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness and had extremely bad allergies from the wood and dust within minutes of walking in the door. Went back to the front desk, and the CM went in the back to make some calls. They gave me a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs! Now, I'm spoiled, and I pretty much can't go on vacation anymore unless it's a villa.

I wonder if your friend lucked out because of the tour groups at Disney right now...maybe the All-Star was way over-booked?

vicster
02-03-2011, 04:42 PM
Wow, that is awesome!!! I'm jealous ;)

When I was there for 4 nights last September, I was at the cabins at Ft. Wilderness and had extremely bad allergies from the wood and dust within minutes of walking in the door. Went back to the front desk, and the CM went in the back to make some calls. They gave me a 2 bedroom villa at Saratoga Springs! Now, I'm spoiled, and I pretty much can't go on vacation anymore unless it's a villa.

I wonder if your friend lucked out because of the tour groups at Disney right now...maybe the All-Star was way over-booked?

Good idea - allergies at the cabins! I'll have to try that - LOL

Dopey's Girl
02-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I guess they said it was for her birthday, but I suspect that they were overbooked. She was having the best time exploring the room and resort...it was pretty funny!

Gotta love that Mickey Magic!