PDA

View Full Version : Quick-> OKW or AKV?

lovin'fl
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
We booked a 2BR at AKV (standard view) for August. We wanted BCV, but didn't want to use all those points. We waitlisted for the value view at BWV, but then booked a studio at OKW for Xmas for 5 nights (for an extended family Holiday trip) and didn't have enough left for the waitlist. We have 15 points left and could switch to OKW in August. Should we switch? I love that resort and we've never stayed at AKV, so don't know how that will be. We will have 4 kids- ages 12,12,14 and 14. Which would be the better resort for them...more things to do and places to go off on their own? Thanks!

ElenitaB
02-03-2011, 08:25 PM
I just consulted with my Subject Matter Expert ;) — my DS-15 — and I also thought about it. There's a lot to do at OKW for a kid who's slightly older in terms of letting them go off on their own: the launch to DTD, the pool, the bikes, the launches you can rent, the arcade. For younger teens and tweens, I think there's more for them to do on their own at AKV. There's two arcades, the craftroom at AKV, the animals, a choice of two pools, the halls and the mini-exhibitions to explore, etc. I also find it more "contained" than OKW.

lovin'fl
02-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Thanks Elenita! And thank your expert for me. I think we'll stick with AKV. We've never stayed there before and I'm kind of excited to try it out. Then, BCV and BLT (though we have stayed at the Contemp) will be the only DVC at WDW that we haven't done.

jonahbear2006
02-03-2011, 10:41 PM
akl. have you seen the bathroom????

lovin'fl
02-04-2011, 08:31 AM
akl. have you seen the bathroom????

No, but I've heard.:thumbsup: My inlaws liked that too with their family of 3 teenagers.

Thanks!

dlpmikki
02-04-2011, 08:43 AM
Are you at kidani or Jambo? I thought kidani was way better than Jambo and the pool there is great for kids. Jambo one a bit boring.

lovin'fl
02-04-2011, 11:37 AM
We're in Kadani. I just checked out the maps for AKL. I think it'll be fun for the 14 year old boys.

MinnieMommie
02-05-2011, 08:24 PM
If you haven't been to AKL I would try it. Lots to do and great dining for all ages! The kids will love the Kidani pool area. There are both educational and fun recreational things to do (and also fun learning activities). Again if you have not visited AKL I would def make this one of your choices for the year. :mickey:

Erin
02-14-2011, 08:55 PM
We just returned from a trip to AKL-Kidani. WOW is all I can say. What a beautiful resort!
I saw a few teens hanging out in the quiet lounge room on the internet. Others were at the pools tables just talking. They seemed to be having a good time.
The rooms are wonderful.
I can't wait to return!

Have a great trip!

Aero
02-15-2011, 08:03 AM
OKW is a very nice resort, but Kidani is amazing. I think you'll be very happy there.

- Aero

timandlesley
02-24-2011, 09:11 PM
Will you have a car? If you will then OKW, if not, then AKV, we love it there and with OKW being so spread out I would only stay there if I had a car to get around- personal preference ; )
Lesley