PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Mansion Stretch Room

TiggerGuy
02-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Is it possible to skip the stretch room. Worried my 3 year old might freak out being that tight with so many people.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
02-03-2011, 09:07 AM
I'm sure it won't be a problem. Just tell the CM at the gate, before you get into line, your situation. They should take you in through the exit and into a little side door on your left that will take you right to the doom buggy room. I'm sure they've had a lot stranger request.

Dulcee
02-03-2011, 10:45 AM
When I was little (twenty something years ago now) my Mom would always ask for us to walk through the stretch room. A few years ago we did the same for my young nephew. Just ask a cast member. Its also not a bad idea to ask as the cast members act a bit "creepy" at the HM. When you tell them you have an easily frightened child they'll tone down the acting when around her.

BrerGnat
02-03-2011, 11:48 AM
There is a "back entrance" for sure. Handicapped people use it, and skip the stretch room. Ask the CM at the line entrance, but be prepared to wait awhile extra.

BellesRose
02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
When is your trip? When I went this past weekend the Haunted Mansion had never seemed so relaxed. First, they REALLY limited the amount of people in the stretching room. I've been there sometimes where you couldn't breathe...but they were only letting a couple people in at a time and making the rest wait. Second, it was ALL kids working, probably through the College Program. One guy could not stop flirting with a girl, and the rest were all just laughing and goofing around. Third, a bunch of families in front of us used their flash camera the whole time and no one said a word. And finally, we had to stop as we were getting off of the ride to let someone on! I don't know if their audio was broken and they asked to go again or what...but I was a bit jealous that they were able to get on the ride where everyone gets off ;) My point is, if you are going soon when it's slow season, they are a lot more relaxed about everything and you might even be able to go at a time when you have the stretching room all to yourself.

TiggerGuy
02-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Glad to hear that we should be able to skip the stretch room. Looks like we are doing magic kingdom on the 6th of March, hoping we are after presidents day crowds and before spring break...

BellesRose
02-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Glad to hear that we should be able to skip the stretch room. Looks like we are doing magic kingdom on the 6th of March, hoping we are after presidents day crowds and before spring break...
That sounds like a great time to go :mickey:

forever a child
02-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Is it possible to skip the stretch room. Worried my 3 year old might freak out being that tight with so many people.

Not sure about the room being tight that is frightening..but we like to scream after the flash of lightening when the hangman is showing up in the ceiling. :thedolls: So he probably wouldn't want to be in the room with us.;)

Mousemates
02-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Not sure about the room being tight that is frightening..but we like to scream after the flash of lightening when the hangman is showing up in the ceiling. :thedolls: So he probably wouldn't want to be in the room with us.;)

hey...we resemble that remark. ;) nothing like a good scream to set the tone.

eandrsmom
02-04-2011, 10:44 AM
It may be a little more crowded than you expect. March 8 is Mardi Gras, and most of the schools in South Louisiana are out for the week. I know of at least 20+ families that are going because Mardi Gras doesn't fall during President's Week this year. Plus, there is an area wide 4H trip planned during that time. It won't be as bad as President's Week, but don't expect it to be empty.