PDA

View Full Version : DME Drivers..?

McLiberal8
02-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Just out of curiosity-

How many people have had a fantastic driver on you DME ride to your resort?

My 1st time riding it, in 2008, we had a great driver. He was talking to us, playing trivia, and was just a great start to our trip.

This past time, Sept 2010, was not so fun. The driver wasn't rude, but he just played the video and that was it. He didn't seem like he enjoyed his job, much..

Was I just super lucky in 2008, or unlucky in 2010? How many of you have had good/bad DME experiences?

DisneyFr33k
02-02-2011, 05:16 PM
The last time we were there, we had a real character! Very animated and energetic. The times before, just drivers... no interaction.

princessgirls
02-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Have had some good experiences and some bad. A really bad one was a rainy night in August of 2007, we were among the last to board the ME bus, and my husband had to stand because people had their luggage on seats, and would not give them up, nor would the driver make an announcement.
The words NEVER AGAIN and that was a horrible half hour ride standing up came out my husband's mouth...
Our last time on ME was a fun one! I think it's the luck of the draw as they say...
Julie:mickey:

Granny Jill A
02-03-2011, 01:46 PM
We always seem to get the really nice drivers who don't speak English. I must say that their attempt at English is much better than my Spanish, but it does make it hard for English-only speakers like myself to follow their comments. :D

princessjojo
02-03-2011, 03:15 PM
We had a great driver our last trip. He played trivia games with us, giving away chocolate to the winners. Funny thing, my kids knew the answers to all of his questions... Is this a sign???

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-05-2011, 11:52 PM
Our last driver was funny. The video didn't start so he circled back around to start it up again. But he was making jokes the whole time. I don't really remember the first one so he must not have been anything out of the ordinary.

Some of the park drivers are really funny though; singing songs, doing trivia etc. But then again, some of them don't say a word even when you try to talk to them.

ransam
02-12-2011, 05:37 PM
yea, most of them have been fun. the last one was really cool. talking and announcing how long unti we got there...had a 10 second countdown until we passed under the entrance sign...