PDA

View Full Version : American Idol

ransam
02-02-2011, 01:58 PM
is the american idol paviion still there? i enjoyed it last year. but the crowds were never very big, so just wondered if there were any thoughts about cancelling it.

disneymom15
02-02-2011, 02:29 PM
It was open when we were there last week.

Strmchsr
02-02-2011, 02:52 PM
It's still there and going strong. One of my good friends just took over as casting director and she says it's just getting more popular. People seem to want to do it whether they care about the TV show or not.

FenwayGirl
02-02-2011, 03:40 PM
I was pretty skeptical until I saw the show for myself. It is really well done and enjoyable.

KennyandKim
02-02-2011, 11:09 PM
I can't wait to see it for the first time on our trip in Sept. I hope I can convince my DH and DDs to sit through it.

DisneyFr33k
02-03-2011, 06:06 AM
I saw it for the first time last October. While waiting to go in, the "Ryan Seacrest" type host hammed it up with us outside with a camera man taping. The show too was done very well! My 13 year old daughter can't wait to turn 14 so she can audition.... I would have be be on some serious medication to even consider that!!

MOJoe
02-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Now that Steven Tyler is an AI judge, there may be more opportunities for tie ins.

American Idol featuring Aerosmith,

Rockin Roller Coaster featuring American Idol Auditions......:thedolls:

Who knows where all this could lead. :confused:

PlutoPlanet
02-03-2011, 01:10 PM
We really like the AI experience. We go there every year. Hope they keep it.

ransam
02-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Last year, i was excited to go see it, but my sister really wasn't. she went and we lvoed it. went 3 or 4 times. it was really entertaining.....
my favorite line was one of the judges said "after hearing you sing, i do have a suggestion, if you do come back tonight for the finals, i want you to make sure you get here early so you can get a good seat upfront"...

magicman
02-07-2011, 03:03 PM
We just got back last week, and we loved it. The "finals show" was crowded, but none of the other shows were more than 1/2 full.

I'm not an American Idol television fan, but we had a blast screaming our heads off for the contestants. It was fun trying to make the contestants feel like they were mega stars. I'm still hoarse.

The set & the whole show is very professional.

We look forward to doing it again!

Becky2005
03-01-2011, 08:34 AM
My 13 year old daughter can't wait to turn 14 so she can audition.... I would have be be on some serious medication to even consider that!!

:thumbsup: My DD is definitely planning on auditioning for this when we go....I have read some trip reports about others that have managed to make it on. Sounds like it would be a blast but I would definitely have to start drinking :marg: or something for me to try (and I don't drink!). She seriously has way more gumption than I ever did and/or do even.

The only downside is it has made it nearly impossible to plan anything -- from what I've read if you do get chosen it can pretty much be an all day process since you have to be there an hour before your scheduled show. Definitely worth it just makes the planner in me crazy. If you don't go on then, you are done but if you do then you have to plan around the final show too.

Add to the fact that I have my youngest that also wants to do the Jedi Training and UGH.... Hollywood Studios is definitely going to be my most difficult because of the so many "we can do this until we know if you are doing that" issues.

Gator
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
Cancel American Idol, and bring back Fantasmic! every night.

I've been three times to WDW with AI in place, and I've yet to step foot in there for even one show. Why on earth would I waste time to watch kareoke?

A Big Kid
03-04-2011, 07:53 AM
Cancel American Idol, and bring back Fantasmic! every night.

I've been three times to WDW with AI in place, and I've yet to step foot in there for even one show. Why on earth would I waste time to watch kareoke?

That is what I thought, until I went and saw it. Now I make it a point to see it everytime I go.

DizNut42
03-04-2011, 08:24 AM
I agree with Gator - More Fantasmic Please!

I have never watched the AI TV show, it does not interest me in the least. So why would I venture to an attraction based on something of no interest to me :nope:

SBETigg
03-04-2011, 08:45 AM
I was not that interested in the AI experience, either, but we went in anyway and it was actually a lot of fun to watch. I was pleasantly surprised.