PDA

View Full Version : snow

deedeebee
02-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Who else is covered in snow???:snowball:

retiredfigment
02-02-2011, 12:27 PM
ME! And ice too! OH SPRING WHERE ARE YOU!!!! Can't wait until my next trip to DW at the end of March!

Genie1953
02-02-2011, 12:56 PM
Yep...snowed in here in Kansas today.

sportsguy2315
02-02-2011, 01:11 PM
Yep...snowed in here in Kansas today.

My sister goes to KU (Rock Chalk Jayhawk!) and rubbed it in that they had a snow day yesterday on Facebook...we got about 8" in MN.

faline
02-02-2011, 01:12 PM
We're not just covered - we're buried!!!

tink179
02-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Yep snowed it too here in Iowa! We have 10-12in the news said. I'm so tired of winter!!! At least the groundhog says it should be an early spring!:thumbsup: Keep your fingers crossed!

Ms. Mode
02-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Not to rub it in or anything...but that storm went around us to the north and south! We had temps in the 60s yesterday and started out this morning at 55; of course it dropped like a rock and is now about 34 and very windy.:blush: Do you think we're in a "weather warp" ?

seanyred
02-02-2011, 02:00 PM
18 to 20 inches in the Chicago area. Was just outside playing in it...so much fun!

lettripp
02-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Only a few inches of snow with this storm but the entire state is an ice skating rink!!

Daisy'sMom
02-02-2011, 03:38 PM
I feel for all of you. I remember what it is like and never hope to experience snow again.
It's cloudy here (boo hoo), and 74 right now.
I am sending some warmth to you all.:mickey:

McLiberal8
02-02-2011, 03:38 PM
A lot of it here in Omaha!

Would be a lot more fun if I didn't have to work! :P

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-02-2011, 09:29 PM
I have so much I can only see the roof of the cars going passed my house! I actually got stuck in the snow trying to walk through my front yard using the snow rake on my roof. I thought for sure I was going to have to yell for help!!

I've almost been hit 3 times in the past 2 days by people just gunning it to pull out of roads or driveways.

MAKE IT STOP!! I have no where else to put any snow and my snow blower is on it's last legs. It's already 14 years old.

Mr. Brass Bonanza
02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
I have never seen this much snow piled up at once...even as a kid. The walls going down my driveway are reaching five feet. The snow blower can no longer get over them. We're getting another six inches tomorrow and I have no idea where I'm going to put it. Some people are starting to put it in the streets, where now there is barely enough room for one car to get by.

In the back of my mind, I'm worried about flooding, too.

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-04-2011, 10:49 AM
Yesterday I took a yard stick and measured an untouched area of our pool deck to see what the snow pack was. Currently we have 31". I have snow banks around my driveway that are over 7' high. I think Faline said it best "We're buried".

Another 4" to 6" on the way for Saturday. And a bigger storm brewing out west for next Thursday. For the first time ever I will be shoveling my roof this weekend. No snow rakes to be had anywhere.

I guess winter is just making up for the drought we experienced this past summer??????:(

SandmanGStefani24
02-04-2011, 10:57 AM
not covered, but a big deal for us in Texas!

2 inches last night!

woo hoo!

Mr. Brass Bonanza
02-04-2011, 11:50 AM
I've been watching Mike & MIke on ESPN 2 in the mornings who are down in Fort Worth for the Super Bowl, and I cannot believe the temps. I think they had to move them inside. Then I saw there might be sleet and maybe snow in the area? That's crazy. It just seems like yesterday Dallas had a string of two weeks with 90+ temps.

Greg - our locat hardware store sold two roof rakes all of last year. As of two weeks ago, they have sold 400 and keep needing to order more. I've been using my shovel upside-down from the edge, but I may have to finally get up there. Some parts of my roof are bare, but others have some ice on it.

One of our weather forecasters here used to live in Buffalo, and he said he's never seen anything like this. They get a lot of snow there, but some melts before another storm comes. We have snow in our yard from Christmas! I guess I should have known we were in for it when we got out first measurable snow on November 8.

garymacd
02-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Shovelled my driveway two or three times. Yesterday I shovelled off my carport. What fun!