PDA

View Full Version : 'Ohana and Chef Mickey questions

Momto3littlemice
02-02-2011, 11:29 AM
We are 30 days away!! Hooray!

Two quick dining questions:

1. We are trying 'Ohana for dinner this time. First time!! Anyway, my sister and hubby are vegetarians and I know we need to let them know ahead of time. How do we do this? Call dining? Call 'Ohana? Has anyone done this before?

2. We are celebrating DS's 6th bday at Chef Mickey's. I don't want to purchase anything additional so should I just let them know as we are being seated or do I need to call in advance about that too?

Thanks!:mickey:

Strmchsr
02-02-2011, 01:39 PM
On both of those issues, just note it on your ADR. The chef will make sure you get what you need at O'Hana's and at Chef Mickey's they should bring your DS a little cupcake that he can blow out.

ElenitaB
02-02-2011, 07:36 PM
'Ohana used to offer the most amazing alternatives for vegetarians and vegans. The chef has since been transferred to 1900 Park Fare but he left a great legacy. As Chris said, just be sure to note your ADR, and your sister and brother-in-law will be well taken care of. (BTW, the bread, salad, noodles, broccoli and dessert are all vegetarian and if you wanted, you could definitely make a meal of them if you were so inclined.)

HoosierDisneyFan
02-02-2011, 09:26 PM
'Ohana - vegetarians ???

I can't imagine...

Momto3littlemice
02-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks. I will definitely call and make those additions to our ADRs. As for the veggies at 'Ohana, I had read that they do amazing things there for them and that was the only way I got my sis to go. I have been wanting to try it forever but couldn't convince her. I hope it will still be okay now that the chef is gone :confused: Anyway, she said for the price she didn't really want to just make a meal of the salad, noodles, etc and I get that. So, perhaps we better ask when we call to be sure it will still be okay. Anyone gone recently with this request?:mickey:

johnO
02-06-2011, 03:35 AM
DW and DD are vegetarian and dont like O'hana too much. DS and I however, love it! Meat, meat and more meat!

We never make note on our ADRs that theyre vegetarians though...I wonder what they do different?

A Big Kid
02-06-2011, 08:16 AM
'Ohana - vegetarians ???

I can't imagine...

MTE! And decaf coffee? And sugar free chocolate? And a swimming pool without water?:blush:

They tell you Ohana means family in Hawaiian...in Texas it means MEAT and LOTS OF IT!

ransam
02-23-2011, 12:45 AM
Have a great time....you'll love 'Ohana