PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Trip Planning Limbo!!

rjmdds
02-02-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm ready to plan. I'm ready to make ADRs. I'm ready to plan what night to go to MVMCP. I've got my Disney Planner calendar setup. I have my reservations, my room requests on my reservation, my pakage in place. Now I'm stuck in a waiting game until park hours are released in May for our trip in November. What to do? Ican't do ANYTHING right now except read these boards and yearn to plan. Any advice?

Faver
02-02-2011, 11:29 AM
oooooh!! I know that feeling quite well...:mickey: There's nothing like a countdown of 300 days or so......;)

When this happens to me, I do fun Disney things almost daily... whether it's watching a movie ( I love Aristocats!), listening to Disney music, reading books, magazines, or INTERCOT :rocks:, for interesting tips and facts. I also have a Disney cookbook that I use to make yummy dinners and treats for the family:thumbsup:

:mickey: Don't worry, May will be here before you know it!!!!

MOJoe
02-02-2011, 01:40 PM
Fairly common problem around here. I suppose these boards real purpose is to provide the opportunity for all of us to stay connected to Disney, by answering questions and giving advice.

So, just keep ..........reading. :dory:

ginger19
02-03-2011, 09:19 AM
At 288 days til my trip I feel your pain!! I'm helping a friend plan her first trip with her twins so I did their spreadsheet, got maps together, walked her through dining and monorails. It's not the same but I also listen to theme park music all day at my desk. My husband thinks I've lost my mind but I just can't wait to get back there :mickey:

faline
02-03-2011, 10:27 AM
No advice - just keep tweaking those plans until you can take some additional action!

pandkx3
02-03-2011, 10:48 AM
I always purchase a new guide book and read it even :blush: I also watch the planning dvd to help with the anticipation! We've are down to 114 days and it's killing me:mickey:

forever a child
02-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I'm ready to plan. I'm ready to make ADRs. I'm ready to plan what night to go to MVMCP. I've got my Disney Planner calendar setup. I have my reservations, my room requests on my reservation, my pakage in place. Now I'm stuck in a waiting game until park hours are released in May for our trip in November. What to do? Ican't do ANYTHING right now except read these boards and yearn to plan. Any advice?

Right there with you! I have looked at historical dates for MNSSHP & Fantasmic. Would like to know about EMH's too....but now just playing the waiting game. I have a "mock" schedule done...but I am still going back and forth on dining choices. I think it would be easier to choose dining if I knew about our other date plans though! :(

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
Right there with you, our trip is in December....I also have mock schedules worked up...I have questions out on Intercot trying to make up our minds about what to book for TS long before I'm allowed to book...:D

rjmdds
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
I always purchase a new guide book and read it even :blush: I also watch the planning dvd to help with the anticipation! We've are down to 114 days and it's killing me:mickey:

Funny...I just sent for the planning DVD. They should rename it the Therapy-While-You-Wait DVD for us exhaustive Disney planners.

rjmdds
02-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Right there with you! I have looked at historical dates for MNSSHP & Fantasmic. Would like to know about EMH's too....but now just playing the waiting game. I have a "mock" schedule done...but I am still going back and forth on dining choices. I think it would be easier to choose dining if I knew about our other date plans though! :(

I know. It's killing me. Sometimes I just change things around in my planner just for the sake of it. I feel like I'm doing something.

PopPhan
02-03-2011, 01:55 PM
Wish we had that problem! Probably not going to visit WDW this year. Missed out on the "Free DDP" promotion because we didn't know what was going to happen this year and are looking to try something/somewhere different this year.

I'm kind of bummed about it, but there's always next year!! That will give Disney a chance to have more new/rehabbed attractions completed!!

princessjojo
02-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm right there with you. Our trip is planned for June and to keep myself from doing everything at once, I've broken down the trip purchasing. DVC ressies were made when we decided on going. ADR's made and changed a couple times since then. We re-evaluate daily. Airline tickets there have been purchased, and when SW decides to lighten up on fares some, the return tickets will be purchased. March we pay for DDP, April we finish buying park tickets and from then on its shopping for any necessary items - new shorts, shoes, or t-shirts.

Dang, I just realized it's only 4 months away....