PDA

View Full Version : New Disney show on Travel Channel Feb 12th

caryrae
02-02-2011, 09:14 AM
I just saw on my TiVo a new Disney show will be on on the Travel Channel (No not Samantha Brown lol) it's called:
Best Places I've Ever Been: Disney Memories

People tell their favorite Disney memories from princess makeovers to dining with Mickey.

Feb 12th Saturday 7pm central time, 1 hour long. Also on Feb 13th 2am central.

Also in case some haven't seen it, maybe my favorite Disney show, called "Walt: The Man Behind The Myth" is on tomorrow evening on CNBC 8pm central.

hannahandkalebmom
02-02-2011, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the info. I am in need of something Disney. It is so cold and icy out right now.:mickey:

BellesRose
02-02-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the information! That's my birthday, so if the weather cooperates, I'll be at Disney! Guess I can always record it ;)

Kathy Jetson
02-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Thanks I'll make sure to record it. I just taped a show on CNBC aboot Pixar but I haven't watched it yet.:mickey:

A Big Kid
02-06-2011, 08:29 AM
Good call! DVR set.

Marionla
02-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Sorry that I missed the show on CNBC. I try to catch all Disney specials.

akaDisneyDreamer
02-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Just set both of these shows on my DVR! Thanks for the info!

TinkerbellT421
02-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the info! Found set and ready to DVR!!! :thumbsup::mickey:

Chic-a-pin
02-07-2011, 03:02 PM
The new show is with Samantha Brown :D

KylesMom
02-11-2011, 02:32 PM
The show that aired on CNBC was amazing. I urge anyone who missed it to catch it when they re-air it. On more than one occasion I had tears in my eyes - the never-before-seen home movies and the not-so-well-known history they shared was incredible.

I'm looking forward to the new Travel Channel show this weekend. However, I'm curious if it's a re-hash of Samantha's favorite shows, or if it is truly "all new".

caryrae
02-11-2011, 02:41 PM
Yes the Walt: the Man Behind the Myth is just awesome. It's been out for a while and is still my favorite Disney show. You can buy it on DVD too. It's such a nice show about the life of Walt Disney.

caryrae
02-11-2011, 02:45 PM
The new show is with Samantha Brown :D

I guess it does of Samantha Brown as part of the show. Here is more of a description:

"Best Places I’ve Ever Been is a new series on Travel Channel that takes the best from a team of experts who’ve seen it all. In a 1-hour special edition, entitled Disney Memories, some of Scripps Networks’ marquee names step away from their own shows to dish about their most treasured Disney memories, from their very first view of Cinderella Castle to the cherished Disney brochure they saved from a childhood visit.

Join Samantha Brown from Travel Channel, David Bromstad from HGTV, Melissa d’Arabian from Food Network, Matt Blashaw from DIY, Nan Kelley from GAC and Roger Mooking from Cooking Channel as they deliver their take on where to go and what to do when it comes to all things mouse-eared.

These hosts from each of the 6 Scripps Networks will relive some of their most treasured Disney Memories, make new memories when they visit their favorite park spots and be interviewed about all the things they love about Disney.

Disney Memories premieres Saturday, February 12, at 8 E/P. "

DisneyMom12
02-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Thank you. I can't wait to see them both.

Marionla
02-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Where can I purchase the Man Behind The Myth DVD? thanks!

caryrae
02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
Where can I purchase the Man Behind The Myth DVD? thanks!

Wow I am glad I got my copy a while ago. The only place I can seem to find it is amazon but it's $60 for the dvd.

brownie
02-12-2011, 08:52 AM
The Pixar Story is available on the Wall-E 2 & 3 disc sets.

Pop Centurion
02-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Just set my DVR to tape Best Places tonight.

kcrc
02-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Just a heads up - if you missed Walt: The Man Behind the Myth, it is being aired again on CNBC on Sunday, 2/13 at 8 PM ET. I missed it the first time around, so was glad to see it being aired again!

MNNHFLTX
02-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Just a heads up - if you missed Walt: The Man Behind the Myth, it is being aired again on CNBC on Sunday, 2/13 at 8 PM ET. I missed it the first time around, so was glad to see it being aired again!Thanks for the information--I forgot to record it too!

So, did anyone watch "Best Places" last night? I watched most of it but was disappointed. It was more like a long commercial for the Disney Parks (which I figured it probably would be, but not to that extent). But it bugged me how unrealistic some of the scenes were, at least for the common masses. To see Melissa D’Arabian's young daughters being fawned over by a gaggle of princesses with nary another child in sight--is that how the average person thinks it's going to be if they go to Disney World after seeing that? Of course I didn't expect them to highlight the long lines for rides or the crowds, etc. But it seems unfair to present it falsely too.

I did like Samantha Brown in the special. And I laughed when David Bromstad describe the Yeti on Expedition Everest as taking a swing at riders with his arm. Either the Yeti's arm was working at that time, or they wanted you to think it was working (note that they didn't actually show footage of this!)

A Big Kid
02-13-2011, 02:31 PM
After Sam, it all went downhill.

Hammer
02-13-2011, 06:37 PM
My thoughts-

I enjoyed the parts with Samantha Brown and David Bromsted (but I also enjoy their shows). Bromsted's parents had me laughing. They were adorable and he was so cute with them, which seemed pretty genuine (unlike a lot of the show). I like the DIY guy and his wife when they were on the cruise, but not when in the parks. Same with the guy from the Cooking Channel; liked when he and the family were at Chef Mickey's for breakfast, but not when they were in the parks.

Could not stand the Melissa D’Arabian segment. I've always found her annoying and this was magnified times ten. The woman from GAC was awful as well.

badkitty
02-13-2011, 08:23 PM
Yes the Walt: the Man Behind the Myth is just awesome. It's been out for a while and is still my favorite Disney show. You can buy it on DVD too. It's such a nice show about the life of Walt Disney.

You can also get it on Netflix. It is a great show. I own the VHS version so it has been around awhile.

caryrae
02-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Thanks for the information--I forgot to record it too!

So, did anyone watch "Best Places" last night? I watched most of it but was disappointed. It was more like a long commercial for the Disney Parks (which I figured it probably would be, but not to that extent). But it bugged me how unrealistic some of the scenes were, at least for the common masses. To see Melissa D’Arabian's young daughters being fawned over by a gaggle of princesses with nary another child in sight--is that how the average person thinks it's going to be if they go to Disney World after seeing that? Of course I didn't expect them to highlight the long lines for rides or the crowds, etc. But it seems unfair to present it falsely too.

I did like Samantha Brown in the special. And I laughed when David Bromstad describe the Yeti on Expedition Everest as taking a swing at riders with his arm. Either the Yeti's arm was working at that time, or they wanted you to think it was working (note that they didn't actually show footage of this!)

I pretty much agree with all your points, definitely not one of the better Disney shows.

Pop Centurion
02-18-2011, 08:15 PM
Got around to watching this after recording it on DVR.
I watched it in Hi_Def & it was great seeing the park in great detail without being there.
As for the show itself. I felt it was a tease. Wasn't crazy about the Cruise segment & I felt they left out some great attractions doing an injustice to fans as well as those who've never been there.
All in all it was just okay.

ransam
02-23-2011, 12:50 AM
Personally, i love seeing Disney any time i can, but didn't like the show. It just seemed like the showed a bunch of stuff, most people w/ a family on an average income will never be able to take advantage of.