PDA

View Full Version : Paris-Nord to Effel Tower?

SandmanGStefani24
02-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Will be going to the UK in a month for our anniversary. (DW asked me to give up WDW this year for it.) So, I wanted to spend one of our days in Paris and was wondering if anyone had gone to Paris recently.

If so how did you get from the Eurostar station to the Tower? Bus? Taxi? Looks way to far to walk looking at google maps, or am I wrong? Let me know and any tips or advice are appreciated. Thanks!

jray21
02-02-2011, 03:45 AM
We were just there this past summer. For us, the Metro worked out the best. You should arrive from London at Gar du Nord. From there you can take the B train to the Notre Dame station. You can either visit Notre Dame, or just transfer to the C line and that takes you straight to the Eiffel Tower. It was really easy to use.

magicalmom
02-14-2011, 10:00 PM
We walked from Notre Dame to the Eiffel Tower once. It's a bad idea. Don't walk. Take the Metro.

MarkC
02-19-2011, 07:51 PM
We walked from Notre Dame to the Eiffel Tower once. It's a bad idea. Don't walk. Take the Metro.

Can I ask why it was a bad idea? Distance? Scary crowds, etc.? Just curious in case I go there sometime. Just how far is it?

magicalmom
03-11-2011, 08:11 PM
Just time and distance - it took us an hour, so what is that, four miles? My mom is still kvetching about it! (The trip was 17 years ago) Actually, now that I think of it, if you don't have my mom and a baby with you, it might be quite a pleasant walk, along the Seine, with beautiful views across.