PDA

View Full Version : Grand Floridian Cafe for Birthday?

BellesRose
02-01-2011, 01:14 PM
My birthday is coming up and I was thinking about going to the Grand Floridian Cafe for lunch to celebrate it. Is it any good? How accurate is the menu today compared to the menu on Intercot? I hate to say it, but the last 2 places I went to based off the menu online are totally different now, so I'm a little worried. My only other option/choice would be the Turf Club at Saratoga Springs, which I know is good.

buzznwoodysmom
02-01-2011, 05:53 PM
I ate at Grand Flo Cafe for my birthday in June. We didn't have any ressies for that day and when I called from our room that morning GFC was one of the few places close to MK that had availability. This meal was a pleasant surprise for us because we had never even considered eating here before. We enjoyed our meal and it was a nice break from the parks. I don't know how the menu compares, and I don't know what's on the lunch menu, we ate there for dinner. To us its a hidden gem in WDW!

HoosierDisneyFan
02-01-2011, 06:08 PM
During my last trip in Dec we ate at the GF Cafe for dinner (excellent Ribeye!) and breakfast. We enjoyed both meals.

BellesRose
02-01-2011, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the replies. I finally found an updated menu online and it's nothing like the menu here so I made a reservation for Saratoga Springs. Maybe someday I will make it to Grand Floridian Cafe, but I know my family wouldn't enjoy it so it will have to be without them :blush:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I think you'll be happier somewhere else. We did the Cafe once, but I wouldn't choose it to do a birthday. Just OK.