PDA

View Full Version : Vacations out of the ordinary

luvdiznee
02-01-2011, 07:00 AM
Now let me start by saying that I have not been to Univ Studios in about 5 years. And the only cruise I have been on, was a Disney and that was about 7 years ago.

But I do like it when my sister comes on vacation with me. And the only way she will consider going is if we stay at US and combine it with a RCCL cruise. I know it doesnt sound too bad, but I geuss it is when you are not familiar with it. I feel I wont have as much a good time and I will be missing out on things. Since I wont know about them. Make sense?

I geuss it is time for me to get on the internet (the powerful source that it is) and just dig into the loads of info if I want my sister to go.

After all Disney will be there if we decide to go later this year.:mickey:

Oh, and all booked through Tavelocity. Anyone ever booked something like this with them? Any issues. Thats just another concern for me.

NJGIRL
02-02-2011, 08:54 AM
For years my travel agent had told me how Universal resorts were a step above Disney's and now that I have stayed at both I have to say she was right. While Disney's themes are fun and the hotels are nice, Universal's are just more upscale. They don't rely on themeing to draw people in. While they each do have a theme it not all about the theme. It's hard to explain. IMO you can't help but like their hotels.

Vacationing for us is trying new things because my family gets bored with doing the same things over and over again. I research things to death when we are going somewhere new, so much that I "think" I could be a tour guide for that location :blush:. But I have to say when I get home I always realize that we did miss something that we would have liked to do. I have learned to tell myself that you can't do everything that a destination has to offer the first time around and that there are always hidden treasures that you may miss. That's just part of the territory when traveling.

If you like vacationing with your sister go ahead and try her suggestions. I bet you will have a great time. Good Luck!:D

luvdiznee
02-02-2011, 07:23 PM
For years my travel agent had told me how Universal resorts were a step above Disney's and now that I have stayed at both I have to say she was right. While Disney's themes are fun and the hotels are nice, Universal's are just more upscale. They don't rely on themeing to draw people in. While they each do have a theme it not all about the theme. It's hard to explain. IMO you can't help but like their hotels.

Vacationing for us is trying new things because my family gets bored with doing the same things over and over again. I research things to death when we are going somewhere new, so much that I "think" I could be a tour guide for that location :blush:. But I have to say when I get home I always realize that we did miss something that we would have liked to do. I have learned to tell myself that you can't do everything that a destination has to offer the first time around and that there are always hidden treasures that you may miss. That's just part of the territory when traveling.

If you like vacationing with your sister go ahead and try her suggestions. I bet you will have a great time. Good Luck!:D

I also can get bored going the same places again and again, as I'm sure a lot of people do. That's why when we have been going to Disney for at least once a year, we would be sure to go to another place later that year.

Yes researching and finding out details takes time and effort, but I hate the feeling of finding out I missed something, too. :marg: