PDA

View Full Version : Trip report type Disney books

Genie1953
02-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Can anyone recommend any trip report type Disney related books. I just finished "Mousetrapped: A Year and a Bit in Orlando Florida" and really enjoyed it. I am currently reading "Cast Member Confidential". It is okay but parts of it are a bit much to handle. What I would really like to find is a book that is more like a giant trip report. Anyone out there know of any books like that. They don't necessarily have to be actual trip report content but could even be fiction based on Disney trips. I currently have a number of Disney related books on my Kindle...any thoughts on any of them? They would be:

Pixie Dust in Your Eye: A visit to Walt Disney World and Las Vegas
Project Future: The inside story behind the creation of Disneyworld
The Vault of Walt
In Service to the Mouse: My Unexpected Journey to Becoming Disneyland's First President
Walt Disney: The Man behind the Mouse
102 Facts and Photos about Walt DisneyWorld's Magic Kingdom and Epcot
Walt Disneyworld Hidden History
The Little Black Book of Walt Disney World 2011 Edition
In addition I have several hard copy books that are mostly guidebooks to the parks but I do have one on the history of Disneyworld. Any suggestions/comments would be welcome.

Strmchsr
02-01-2011, 07:28 AM
I don't know of a trip report style book. As for fiction based on Disney - the Kingdom Keepers series is out there. It's geared more towards kids, but it's fun. On a side note - my book on Disney (The Church Mouse:Leadership Lessons From the Magic Kingdom) was just published last week so I think that would be a great one to pick up!:mickey:

As for the books on your list - The Vault of Walt and In Service To The Mouse are particularly good. Project Future I thought was so-so. The Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World is a great pick up I would recommend.

Melanie
02-01-2011, 07:40 AM
In Service to the Mouse: My Unexpected Journey to Becoming Disneyland's First President - just finished this, and I highly recommend. :thumbsup:

snowflakegirl
02-01-2011, 09:08 PM
My boyfriend and I are currently reading Cast Member Confidential...I agree with your sentiment.

Thanks for the list of books you posted...I may have to check some of them out as well.

Genie1953
02-01-2011, 11:56 PM
You know....I bet someone who has been to Disneyworld tons of times and posted detailed trip reports for each of their trips could probably put them all together in a book and I bet it would be very popular. It would tell stories as well as give information about the parks!