PDA

View Full Version : First DVC villa trip

jonahbear2006
01-31-2011, 07:42 PM
Just returned from our first dvc trip. We took a 10 day trip to Saratoga Springs and stayed in the Springs. I have to say this is quite nice. We are ready to buy more points. Saratoga is quite large and I do prefer the smaller resorts but it was a beautiful place and we took some professional photos of the 8 yr old, bc thats where she wanted her 8 yr old shots done, and they turned out marvelous. I happen to think they have the best waterslide; lots of banks and I even popped off my bottom once on the tail end of it. We pool hopped twice; once to GF and once to BW and that was nice but a little bit of work to get there and back. I see that being an easier perk if you are staying at Bay Lake. Anyways, to those who are a bit skeptical about buying; we were too and we are very happy so far! It was wonderful to have the extra accommodations, the ability to borrow movies and games, and I didnt come home with any dirty laundrY! YAY!:mickey:

faline
01-31-2011, 08:22 PM
Glad your first trip was wonderful! Welcome home!

greengeen
01-31-2011, 10:59 PM
Pool hopping privileges don't apply to the GF, it's not a DVC resort.

Donald_Quackers
01-31-2011, 11:18 PM
My Portable Perks guide says you can pool hop to other DVC and WDW resort hotel pools -- excluding Bay Cove at BLT, Uzima/Samawati Springs at AKL, Stormalong Bay at Yacht/Beach Club, and the leisure pool at the Beach Club Villas.

So the OP could pool hop to the GF, providing that the pool is not at capacity

vizsla
02-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time.

VWL Mom
02-01-2011, 07:05 AM
Sounds like you enjoyed your 1st DVC stay. Must say, when I saw the sad face in the title I didn't expect it to go that way but glad it did :thumbsup:

MarkC
02-01-2011, 08:43 AM
We also love DVC, and I was also confused by the frown face. Glad you enjoyed it and hope you continue to do so.

jonahbear2006
02-02-2011, 05:07 PM
Sorry. I honestly do not know where the frowny face came from. I read the manual before we pool hopped to make sure we werent breaking any rules and as was said, you can pool hop to any pool as long as it isnt bay lake, stormalong, or animal kingdom. We even discussed it with a cast member while we were there. We didnt break any rules. I did, however, find that saratoga was the best pool to swim at anyways. We had the most fun there and the slide is the best I have ever used on property! That goes along with the pirate slide. Although it is high, it doesnt have the banks that the saratoga slide has. Thanks for the welcome love guys! We will probably be buying more points next year because the 200 we got initially wont be enough. We will have to keep adding to it. Is it best to wait till chicago gets our dvc party thingy or should we just do it whenever?

MyDisneyworld
02-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome home...... We also love SSR pool.

Patricia
02-03-2011, 10:51 AM
Glad you had a great trip!

I removed the frown face for you. :mickey:

jonahbear2006
02-03-2011, 10:43 PM
thank you so much. my left button is damaged so sometimes it has a mind of its own

MinnieMommie
02-05-2011, 08:39 PM
:welcome: Home!

I'm so happy to hear you liked your 1st trip as a DVC member and that you enjoyed SSR so much! We have had absolutely wonderful stays at SSR as well. Glad you had a chance to pool hop. I too prefer the SSR pool to GF and BW but again it is all a matter of personal taste. That's what makes the world turn now isn't it?? :mickey::mickey: