PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon VS. Rainforest Cafe

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
Traditionally we always eat at RFC the day we visit Animal Kingdom. For the first time, we are staying Deluxe Level at Wilderness Lodge. I would like to eat at Whispering Canyon since we are staying there and the only time we would be able to fit it in would be for dinner the day we go to Animal Kingdom. I would like the change and know my mom would as well, but my son doesn't like change. If he likes something he wants to stay with it...Help me convince him to do Whispering Canyon, both food and atmosphere. BTW, he usually orders steak at RFC, but loves BBQ as well. :(

Strmchsr
01-31-2011, 05:10 PM
Well, does your son like loud and rowdy? That's Whispering Canyon. It's a ton of fun, but it's not the environment everyone wants in dining. So, that's step 1. If you want a loud, boisterous, very fun, but not very serious atmosphere, then definitely try WC. Just be ready for it. As for the food, it's some of the best at WDW. Steaks are great and the Skillet will give you more fantastic BBQ than you can possibly imagine.

MississippiDisneyFreak
01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
Loud and Rowdy...well, he absolutely loves Hoop Dee Doo does that compare? You've got me sold on the food :mickey:

paragon
01-31-2011, 05:29 PM
I would pull up the WC menu and review that, and- go to youtube and find a few videos of WC- so he has some type of visual idea as well.
If it were me, I'd be going to WC, but thats cause I'm not a RC fan anyway.

Buttercup
01-31-2011, 08:43 PM
My kids LOVE Whispering Canyon. :)
Let me give you an idea of what you're in for...
- kids galloping around the place on hobby-horses singing with the waiters
- waiters yelling from one table to the next (a dish broke somewhere in the restaurant the last time we were there, and about 3 waiters suddenly yelled out "WE HAVE A JOB OPENING!!!") :D
- and God forbid you'd like some ketchup with your dinner.... heh heh.... and you'll literally end up with every bottle of ketchup in the restaurant on your table.

I love it there! Definitely not for everybody, but for my family, it's fun! :mickey:

BTM
01-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Its different from Hoop-dee-Doo(we are not really fans of that). The food is of similar type. The skillet is great and lots of food. Its loud and fun. Your experience depends on 2 things. 1) do you have a good waitress? she can make or break it for you. Most are very good. We went there for our son's 4th b-day. She called all little girls under 12 to our table to sing Happy B-Day. Horse races, songs, and don't forget to ask for ketchup. 2) Do you want to be silly and get involved? If the answer is yes, then you will have a great time! That place is what you make of it.

WDWCrazyKaren
02-01-2011, 10:53 AM
My vote would be Whispering Canyon all the way! Rainforest is a chain, and not a Disney chain. You can visit Rainforest Cafe's all over the country, but you can't say that about Whispering Canyon!

Besides, the food is good, the servers are great, and the atmosphere is fun.

Rainforest is just as loud, but not very Disney!

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-01-2011, 01:17 PM
I spoke to him already and he said he wants to do Whispering Canyon but doesn't want to give up Rainforest Cafe. He says its not about the food but that is part of going to DW to him. We have gone there every trip. I am thinking of trying to talk him into just going to look around in the shop so that he still gets to go there, so we shall see........

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-01-2011, 01:18 PM
I wonder if we can just make reservations and just eat desert there early afternoon? Do they allow reservations for just desert?

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-01-2011, 01:35 PM
Just realized they also serve breakfast, I may have solved the problem