PDA

View Full Version : AKL question

akaDisneyDreamer
01-30-2011, 07:41 PM
What is the difference between the Savana Vew and the Arusha View at AKL? We are trying to plan a trip for Dec 2011 and decided to try the Savana View for the first time, but see that the Arusha View is a just little bit more. Has any of you tried both of these for comparrison? :simba:

snowflakegirl
01-30-2011, 09:22 PM
I was there this summer with my boyfriend and we had a room overlooking the Sunset Savannah and were treated to many animal views (including up to 6 giraffes outside our room on multiple occasions). Paying for an Arusha view room gives you a room overlooking that savannah, which I haven't stayed in, but I was happy with the Sunset Savannah...That said, we also saw a number of animals on the Arusha Savannah while we were standing at overlooks for that.

akaDisneyDreamer
02-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Thanks. I'm sure we can't go wrong with a Savana View!

I guess none of the Intercottee's have done the Arusha View?

badkitty
02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi there! The Arusha Savanna is the "main" savanna. As a PP said, you can visit this savanna by the Arusha Rock Savanna Overlook and there are areas next to the lobby where you can sit in a rocker. I've stayed at AKL twice with a "savanna view" and both times I've been on the Uzima Savanna. I love this savanna. It is smaller and we saw a lot of animals every time we were on our balcony. Plus you can see the sunrise and AK in the distance. You can visit this savanna by heading out around the pool and past the flamingos. The Sunset Savanna is shared with Kidani Village and you can see this savanna by visiting Sanaa (which I think is the best restaurant on WDW property) or by going through the lobby to the outdoor seating area.

Have fun!

Stickey
02-03-2011, 03:44 PM
The Arusha savannah is the central savannah located around Arusha Rock. We have only requested and stayed in an Arusha savannah view room. Animal activity can vary, however, zebras were only found on the Arusha savannah.

Mousemates
02-03-2011, 05:49 PM
As others have said the Arusha is the central savannah off the main lobby...its very nice and we enjoyed looking eyeball to eyeball with a giraffe while there. The only drawback I saw to this savannah was that when you look across the savannah you are looking at other guest rooms..so if someones want to feel a bit more "out on the savannah" then one of the perimeter savannahs might be more to their liking.

DakotaDisney
02-03-2011, 06:13 PM
I've stayed on the Arusha Savana twice and I have prefered it, but know with the Kidani Village I might like to try that view.

I stayed there in '07 and '08 and I don't remember having to pay more for the Arusha view versus the other savana views.

I believe I stayed on the Zebra trail.
I don't think you can't go wrong with any view other than the parking lot. If you can afford it and are paying that much to stay at AKL then why get a room with a view of the parking lot.

akaDisneyDreamer
02-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks everyone. We've stayed at AKL twice, pool view both times (I agree it's worth it to pay more to assure you don't get a parking lot view!) and we could see animals from our rooms both times, which was great. We're ready to step it up a bit for our next trip and go for the Savana View room. I was curious to why the Arusha View was more expensive as I had never noticed it offered before. After all the input, I think we will go with the regular Savana View this time around. I appreciate all the info! Planning is so exciting! I love AKL! :cloud9: