PDA

View Full Version : Missing F&G Festival by One Day - What will be out?

anneb
01-30-2011, 11:44 AM
I will be at WDW the weekend before the Flower and Garden Festival begins, leaving late on March 1. Will any (or even most?) of the special flowers and topiaries be on display by then? I particularly like the floating flower baskets on the water in Future World, the rose bushes by the Imagination pavillion, and the topiaries.

Surely they don't wait to put them in overnight on March 1? (I hope.)

Melanie
01-30-2011, 04:56 PM
I will be at WDW the weekend before the Flower and Garden Festival begins, leaving late on March 1. Will any (or even most?) of the special flowers and topiaries be on display by then? I particularly like the floating flower baskets on the water in Future World, the rose bushes by the Imagination pavillion, and the topiaries.

Surely they don't wait to put them in overnight on March 1? (I hope.)

The floating flower baskets were definitely out last year before the official opening day. You'll find that a lot of the displays will be out, but activites/merchandise/concerts, etc. won't be going on.

anneb
02-01-2011, 11:26 AM
That's good to know. I'm more interested in the flowers and displays than in the activities, so hopefully things will be extra pretty.

DixieBri
02-02-2011, 03:34 PM
Last year part of my trip landed during the F&G festival. We went to EPCOT once before it officially began and I would say at least half of the flower displays/scenes were already set up. You should be able to see a good amount of it.

anneb
02-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for that report, Dixie! I am looking forward to it.